VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've been looking to get some alloys for my 2.5 tdi for some time now
I've had it for about 18 months and I paid £1500 for her she's 2001 x plate 160000 miles.
I found some nice wheels second hand or more hands !! The chap wanted nearly 2/3 of the price I paid for the van :(
Apparently he had bought them off here sometime before obviously at an over inflated price off a so- called great chap ( who everyone on here thinks is the bees knees).

what is a good price for 2nd hand alloys

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've just forked out £1650 for my latest set of rims (at least 3rd hand), I'd be supprised if my van was worth £2000, at the end of the day if you pay the right price for the rim then they will always sell on and make no loss (maybe even a profit) so it depends on the rim, what are they? Some people want stupid money for common rims.....

Luke

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Hi
I've had it for about 18 months and I paid £1500 for her she's 2001 x plate 160000 miles.
I found some nice wheels second hand or more hands !! The chap wanted nearly 2/3 of the price I paid for the van :(
Apparently he had bought them off here sometime before obviously at an over inflated price off a so- called great chap ( who everyone on here thinks is the bees knees).

I got my my genuine T4 alloys for £190 with 4 good tyres, not minters, but not tatty either. What I'd really like are deep dish BBS's and my wife agrees the look, but not the price

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just forked out £1650 for my latest set of rims (at least 3rd hand), I'd be supprised if my van was worth £2000, at the end of the day if you pay the right price for the rim then they will always sell on and make no loss (maybe even a profit) so it depends on the rim, what are they? Some people want stupid money for common rims.....

Luke
They are bbs mesh type . What sort did you get then Luke for that price ?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bought a set of 19" bentley continental splits for £1000, then spent £640 having them split, shot blast & powder coated black, and then got the lips mirror polished then bolte back up with new bentley bezels & badges, ive seen immaculate sets like what I now have go for between £1500 - £2000, so if I sold them I shouldn't be at much of a loss....
They look like these but black centered
http://m.fastcar.co.uk/2012/03/15/modified-audi-s3-3

If the wheels your looking at are genuine bbs's and In decent nick again, they should hold their value if you look after them and the price is right, a good idea is to look on eBay at past auctions to see what the wheels you are looking at have sold for in the past

Luke

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Hi

if you where not happy with the price of the wheels the guy was selling don't buy them...

why come on moaning about what price people sale wheels for...:confused:

very odd....keep searching until you find some at the right price or find a bargain....seems reasonable to me...

surely the guy can sale his wheels for what he wants....

your knowledge of wheels seems to be rather small...so how do you know the wheels where not worth the £500 quid he wants for them..

£500 is a average price for a descent good quality set of wheels..

I struggling to work out your gripe with someone selling wheels for what he wants for them....

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if you where not happy with the price of the wheels the guy was selling don't buy them...

why come on moaning about what price people sale wheels for...:confused:

very odd....keep searching until you find some at the right price or find a bargain....seems reasonable to me...

surely the guy can sale his wheels for what he wants....

your knowledge of wheels seems to be rather small...so how do you know the wheels where not worth the £500 quid he wants for them..

£500 is a average price for a descent good quality set of wheels..

I struggling to work out your gripe with someone selling wheels for what he wants for them....

I thought I would just give my opinion on the subject i don't call it moaning
Also 2/3 of £1500 is £1000 well it was when I went to schoolI:
And finally I don't know you personally so how would you know what my knowledge of wheels was:*

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
A grand for a set of second hand wheels isnt overpriced, if you were to buy a brand new set of wheels for a grand then they would only be worth £500 after a week of owning them. Your best buying a quality brand second hand set and as stated you will either profit from them or worst case get your money back after several years of use depending on condition. Genuine BBS wheels will always fetch top dollar.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Mine will be up for grabs soon, once my banded steels arrive... looking for around £450

Only T4 in the country running on them, will be selling with the tyres aswell... I:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
What you got?
Yeah Parky, what are they...?

I thought I would just give my opinion on the subject i don't call it moaning
Also 2/3 of £1500 is £1000 well it was when I went to schoolI:
And finally I don't know you personally so how would you know what my knowledge of wheels was:*
Well this is what you said dude.......
Hi

I'd say at best it's a whinge, at worst.....that's fighting talk where I come from Mr! :no
Seriously mate, you're having a pop at forum members, and forum traders. And how do you know if the price of a set of rims is "obviously over inflated" if you then have to ask how much a second hand set of alloys is worth? Truth is, like anything, some are cheap, the more desirable ones aren't. Do a bit of research. You'll find BBS wheels at the top end of the second hand value scale, as they're rare and very desirable. Also hard to find ones to fit a T4.

I have no beef with you, and no axe to grind. Just trying to restore balance to the force ;) Of course you're entitled to your opinion but to be honest, I don't think the guy selling the wheels was trying to rip you off. And if people get a reputation for being "the bees knees" on this forum, it's usually well deserved because people have had good experiences with them, and not because we go round kissing each others butts!

Enough said!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
You can have my old RS6's. Genuine Audi, not reps. 2 good tyres. 2K. Might even give em a wash for an extra couple of hundred quid! I:
Sold mine for £300, 2 new tyres a month or so before & set of bolts & decent lockers......
Thought that was sensible :cool:

There's too much scene tax, usually equipped with a :ILU:
I:
A:

Rich.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sold mine for £300, 2 new tyres a month or so before & set of bolts & decent lockers......
Thought that was sensible :cool:

There's too much scene tax, usually equipped with a :ILU:
I:
A:

Rich.
Yeah that's realistic for RS6's. By the way I was being ironic. Not really asking 2K for mine ;)

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
You want to splash out like me. 99p for a set of ultra rare wheel trims. It's the future so don't waste your money on overpriced bling.

I laugh in the face of potholes, sneer at curbs and lap up reasonably priced rubber !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts