VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted 20" wheels to their Olympian blue T5?

I am considering putting a set of 20's on mine but cant decide what to go for as there are so many options out there.

Also thinking 40mm to be lowered, is this about right as I'm new to this wheel/lowering thing!

If you could post any pictures I would be most grateful.

·
Registered
1 Posts

20" rims on my Olympian Blue. 8.5" rims with 35 offset. To be honest I found ride a bit harsh and went to 18" rims, same offset. Found drive smoother...but this is personal preference :)

Andy

·
Registered
162 Posts

Not sure this is Olympian blue but I have staggered zito 20's on coilovers. Think they look awesome but I'm thinking of a change so the rears have some rubber protection over the alloy.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Heres mine on its original Sportlines, then the Range Rover Stormers and now the Assassins with a 45mm drop on Bilstein B14 coil overs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, you've done a bit of changing your mind!

I did think about the assassins in that colour as my most preferred option so far. What size are they, any tyre rubbing and what are coil overs!
Did you get everything done locally, as I am only in southampton so if you nevertheless ravelled too far it may be an option for me also.
The van looks great.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments. I bought the Assassins from Vanstyle and then had the tyres taken off the Stormers and fitted to them at a local tyre fitter. The bilstein coil over suspension makes it drive like a car and I have had no problems with rubbing on the Assassins although the Stormers rubbed slightly on full lock. The tyres are 275/40.20 by the way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've gone for Zito 935 in 8.5 width with 245/45 Pirellis. Lowered about 60mm B14 coilovers.

The pictures aren't the best, and you don't get as much concave effect with this width but you don't get any rubbing at all, and tyres are 103 load rated....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts