VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just done my lower ball joint after a knocking I have had for months, this has stopped that but...
I now have terrible wheel shake at anything over 40mph!
May be worth mentioning my drive shaft popped out while doing ball joint, so lost a bit of box oil, but got it straight back in.
wheel is tight & centre spacer is still in place, could it just need ballancing & is it possible that I did not notice this before as there was so much play in the ball joint it was "ironing out" this wobble.
Any help pls :confused:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Have you checked everything is done up correctly, espescially wheel studs?

Highly unlikely you will have thrown the wheel itself out of balance just by taking off, you haven't knocked a balance weight off have you?

Have you checked tyre pressure?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything is tight dont think I have knocked a weight off! Wheels are 18" lenso's so will be bloody anoyed if they r buckled at all.
Will check I have the ball joint on correct way round in morn as these are slightly offset I believe.
Am really peed off though as I thought I was finally going to get rid of all the knocks & rattles!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Try swopping wheels - maybe fit the spare to the one youv'e changed the ball joint on and see if it improves.

//NiSk

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Off the wall thought - the countersunk screw holding the disk on hasn't come loose, meaning the wheel's held off from seating properly when its tightened up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts