VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive got audi a3 17" wheels on my van with 10 mm spacers but im not happy with fitment these are not hubcentric ie i take the spacers off will i still need additional spigot rings to fit to my van or are audi direct fit ??
:*:*:*:*

·
Registered
759 Posts
Genuine A3 wheels will have the correct spigot diameter so they wont need spigot rings.
Check your wheel bolts are the correct length. They should be around 35mm long and engage by around 10 turns. If they were correct for the wheels with spacers fitted they will be 10mm too long without and protrude from the back of the hub by 10mm so you will need to check carefully that they aren't going to foul. It's not a good idea to have the bolts protruding by much more than a couple of mm long term as the protruding threads tend to corrode and damage the thread in the hub when removed.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
hi ive got audi a3 17" wheels on my van with 10 mm spacers but im not happy with fitment these are not hubcentric ie i take the spacers off will i still need additional spigot rings to fit to my van or are audi direct fit ??
:*:*:*:*
Hi
hubcentric spacers dont always bolt to the hubs seperate
if your running standard vag wheels and spacers you should have a 45mm thread
obviously taking the spacers off you need 35mm thread the measurement is from the base of the seat to the end of the thread
i dont see why your having issues with hubcentrics
do you have pics of what your running with ?

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
if you run spacers over 5mm then they need to be hubcentric..

these look like a pscer but with a lip for the wheel to sit on..

if they are hubcentric then the outer and centre bore should be 57.1 if they are descent ones so with audi wheels you should need no spigots..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts