VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I no nothing on this subject so am busy researching and reading any info I can find on wheel spacing, I plan to lower my T5 using CMC coilovers, I have 16" rims and am thinking about using spacers too to make the arches more full, my question is,
1. Is it ok to use spacers on a standard wheel size (16")? and ....
2. Which type, size, brand would you recommend, ?
3. Any technical info on fitting would be much appreciated?
4. If you have done this could you possibly post a picture of your van to give me some idea of look and finish?

Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi,
No pictures, but general consensus needs to be a minimum of 15mm front and 25mm rear. At 25mm plus you have to bolt the wheel onto the spacer and then the spacer is bolted onto the hub. For this one I would go for the expensive option like H&R would not skip on quality. Whatever you go for make sure they are at least hub centric

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
No pictures, but general consensus needs to be a minimum of 15mm front and 25mm rear. At 25mm plus you have to bolt the wheel onto the spacer and then the spacer is bolted onto the hub. For this one I would go for the expensive option like H&R would not skip on quality. Whatever you go for make sure they are at least hub centric
Any idea where I can get the replacement hubs from to allow spacer to be bolted to, I'm assuming that's what you mean :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts