VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to get my wheels shot blasted and powder coated, but even though I've been quoted a good price, I can't afford it at the moment. Thinking of just getting some wheel trims as a temporary measure, as my wheels are in a right state! Would standard 15" trims fit on the original steel wheels, or do I need ones with an deeper hub?

Anyone running trims? If so, got any pictures?

Thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sorry, no pictures, but I'm runnning a cheap set off the internet. No problems except I need to spray my wheels black to improve the overall look. You'll need to take off the VW centre caps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've got a set of the std trims as in the lower of the 2 pics above sat in the garage. They'd probably be quite cheap...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did some work on a couple of them last year - wire brush on a drill, rust converter, then rattle-can silver wheel paint. Looked great initially, but obviously did a e job though as the rust is back already :(

Some of the wheels are really badly pitted too, so some wheel trims would hide a multitude of sins until i can get them properly refurbed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did wonder about smooth hammerite, as you can get it in rattle cans in a variety of colours, but not sure how good it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts