VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently planning on buying a T5.1. I think I’m done with lowered vans having rattled along in lowered bay windows and T4 in the past but still want a good looking van.

can I see pics of your vans with stock suspension and big alloys please?

thanks!

·
Registered
12,208 Posts
19" X5 rims 9" fronts and 10" wide rears .
The ride was actually better on those than it was on the stock 16" steels 🙃 .

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Got 20" range rover wheels on the van with the standard suspension.
Monster truck vibes but I oddly like it! Will be lowered eventually only on springs.
again, these wheels ride much nicer than the thinner, 17" davenports I had on the van.

Picture of the davenports for you as well👍

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again.

I think I’m coming to the conclusion that, from a look point of view, it’s more about filling the arch with as much tyre/wheel as possible rather than ride height.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks again.

I think I’m coming to the conclusion that, from a look point of view, it’s more about filling the arch with as much tyre/wheel as possible rather than ride height.
well yes and no as the 19/20” wheels will have smaller tyres walls and should be roughly the same size as stock wheel/tyre.. I purely dropped mine to get a better ride in the corners and more assured on the road..

about 65down on 20”

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Missed the stock height bit. Stock height = keep with 18s/an OEM wheel. Big wheels and a massive arch gap looks weird IMHO.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Missed the stock height bit. Stock height = keep with 18s/an OEM wheel. Big wheels and a massive arch gap looks weird IMHO.
You’ve hit the nail on the head and it’s exactly what I’m trying to figure out - is it possible to fill the big arch gap with wheel and/or tyre without lowering?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts