VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Previously; Stoo
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I will be the proud owner of a 2003 xpack special vw transporter from this saturday. I want to know about alloy wheels and tyres as i don't have a scooby!

1 - Is their any difference between car alloy or van alloy wheels?
2 - Can i fit car alloys to my van?
3 - Do i need a certain type of tyre?
4 - Would like 18's fitted but how far can i lower the van without comprimsing comfort etc
5 - Best place for wheel/tyre packages?
6 - If i fitted Rs6, would i look like a copy cat?

Sorry about all the questions. Sure they been asked before, but want to get these mods done asap.

Cheers all
Stoo

·
Registered
162 Posts
hi stoo
1. yes, van alloys are stronger and bulit to carry more load. general concensus though most people have had no probs with some of the stronger car alloy replicas on unladen vans. some have had failures though.
2.yes if they have the correct pcd and offset. 112mm pcd and 35 to 48mm offset, depending on chosen tyre with. 45mm seems to be the most popular on lowered vans.
3.YES MOST DEFINATELY! High risk of failure with under inflated tyres and/or too low load rating. absolute minimum of 96 .(standard vw 15" comercials are usually 102")
4.personal choice on this one. mine is lowered 50mm and is much better handling AND more comfortable. but then i did spend £400 on a full KW kit which is awsome.
5.internet, have a search, lots too choose from.
6.they are popular,but then again they do suit the T4 so well.

these are only my thoughts after spending weeks last winter doing the research before spending out on my van modifications. have fun:ILU:

·
Previously; Stoo
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info ali. Pick my truck up from Worcester on saturday morning. Am after wheels asap. This will help me decide.
Cheers
Stoo

·
Registered
47 Posts
HI Stoo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------Check out some vans--

The Nightingale is about 4m east of Worcester.
The address is;
Evesham Rd
Egdon

For the sat navvers type in WR7 4QS.

From the north; Leave M5 at J6 and follow for Evesham, go straight ove at 2 roundabouts and it's about 300m on the left.

From south leave M5 at J7 head for Worcester, Straight ahead at 1st roundabout.
Right at second roundabout. Right at next one (signed Stratford). Right again at next one (signed Evesham) then it's 300m on left.

Cheers for your interest, hope to see you there !

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Think I saw your bus outside Listers the other sunday, The missus and I wer out window ( van) shopping.
Looks very tidy if it's the one.

·
Previously; Stoo
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
White, that will be the one. Guy in the garage said they don't normally bother selling the T4 anymore because they only interested in the new T5. He said as it was so clean and had a full listers history, they would try and get rid of themselves.

Roll on saturday, stoo got wheels :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts