VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
I could be about to make myself rather unpopular here but life is short so...

I have dipped in and out of this forum over the years and usually found it to be quite a useful and most of all, friendly place. I have known of Jimbo and the gang for quite some time and seen the effort that has gone into this thing...

But this particular thread stinks!

Knowing the effort that has gone into this forum over the years by a select few (who started it amongst a few mates) to hear people turning round and being so quick to criticise is a tough read!

From what I gather reading the posts on up and coming changes, the transition has taken place in order to allow them to get their lives back to a certain extent and get back to managing the areas they enjoy focusing on, events, meets etc etc.

I'm not saying this in any official capacity, I just happen to come back as the changes have taken place. I have been looking around the forum, I have been searching (which works well) and it is clear to me that any issues are being ironed out gradually.

So sit back, make a cuppa and please be patient!

Criticise by creation, not by finding fault.

Got any new ideas for the new format beyond saying "it's c**p"?

Registered
Hi Pothole,
Cheers for info but i still can't find account upgrades , maybe its just me but i followed your instructions but its not on the left? 馃槴馃槴馃憤馃憤馃憤

Super Moderator
I could be about to make myself rather unpopular here but life is short so...

I have dipped in and out of this forum over the years and usually found it to be quite a useful and most of all, friendly place. I have known of Jimbo and the gang for quite some time and seen the effort that has gone into this thing...

But this particular thread stinks!

Knowing the effort that has gone into this forum over the years by a select few (who started it amongst a few mates) to hear people turning round and being so quick to criticise is a tough read!

From what I gather reading the posts on up and coming changes, the transition has taken place in order to allow them to get their lives back to a certain extent and get back to managing the areas they enjoy focusing on, events, meets etc etc.

I'm not saying this in any official capacity, I just happen to come back as the changes have taken place. I have been looking around the forum, I have been searching (which works well) and it is clear to me that any issues are being ironed out gradually.

So sit back, make a cuppa and please be patient!

Criticise by creation, not by finding fault.

Got any new ideas for the new format beyond saying "it's c**p"?
Not saying the old owners didn't do a good job but in the last few years since the site got sold things have changed..there doesn't seem to be the banter as once was and the amount of posts that once was posted has dropped a lot. Most have gone over to fb or a like as it's probably a more freiendly format. Anything that is new will take time to navigate and it will become easier with time. Teething problems will hopefully be ironed out over time or as when it's reported.

Registered
Not saying the old owners didn't do a good job but in the last few years since the site got sold things have changed..there doesn't seem to be the banter as once was and the amount of posts that once was posted has dropped a lot. Most have gone over to fb or a like as it's probably a more freiendly format. Anything that is new will take time to navigate and it will become easier with time. Teething problems will hopefully be ironed out over time or as when it's reported.
Thank you Festa, I didn't know the shift was so extensive. That explains alot, that's a shame.

Hopefully things can improve especially with the knowledge the forum holds.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts