VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IVE HAD ME T5 SINCE 16 SEP 2011 AND ITS HASNT BEEN WASHED YET,:eek:when did you last wash yours,i must point out my t4 was washed every week:*

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Whats the point if you drive it every day? Its been raining most days since november so all you have to do is a few miles and its mucky again. My neighbour washes his car every other day and I just laugh and think spend some time with ya kids or take your wife out for a meal or something Rasp:
Of course in the summer the van gets a good wash every week T:

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Can't remember the last time I personally washed mine, even at this time of the year at least once a week for the cost of £3 at the hand car wash down the road, gets all that horrible salt from off my wheels and under the arches!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Can't remember the last time I personally washed mine, even at this time of the year at least once a week for the cost of £3 at the hand car wash down the road, gets all that horrible salt from off my wheels and under the arches!!
Whats salt? do they grit roads near you? :eek:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Last Saturday. There's a nice little car wash business who do it for a fiver for me.

My DIL loves cleaning and helped me clean the inside.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Would never let anyone else wash my van , you gotta be nuts if you take em down one of these hand car washes,
I was mine every week if I can, youve got to get the salt and off in the winter even if it's just a quick jet wash

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I haven't done mine since before Christmas - it bothers me every time I see it LOL: It'll definitely get a wash before the meet on Sunday T:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
mines long over due but have been in and out of country lanes all Christmas - its bearing up though, will have to be this weekend for me as I always miss a bit when I do it the dark I:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Would never let anyone else wash my van , you gotta be nuts if you take em down one of these hand car washes,
I was mine every week if I can, youve got to get the salt and off in the winter even if it's just a quick jet wash
You are right! The jet washes they use are way too powerful

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
mine gets washed at least a couple of times a week, but we do spend a lot of time down the beach.

·
Banned
670 Posts
Whats the point if you drive it every day? Its been raining most days since november so all you have to do is a few miles and its mucky again. My neighbour washes his car every other day and I just laugh and think spend some time with ya kids or take your wife out for a meal or something Rasp:
Of course in the summer the van gets a good wash every week T:
i agree with you , what is the point, in winter about ever 3 weeksT:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Last time I washed my van was about 18 months ago & it's not dirty now (I go to the hand carwash down the road :))
you let them wash your van :( i would not let them jet wash my mountain bike :eek:

they put TFR acid all over the lower half removing all the waxes and protection then wash it with an old sponge full of god knows what LOL: they do more damage than good :*

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Mine gets washed by me at least once a week if not more, despite the weather or time of year. You gotta keep everything right T:
Apparently im just a little bit obsessed I:

·
Registered
251 Posts
i have ocd to mine gets washed at the very least once a week by me i to wouldnt let anyone else touch my pride and joy, ive watched them do other peoples cars they must be putting swirl marks scratches and god no"s what on cars. I have my wheels off the van every month give them a good clean and seal then put them back on! i paid a lot of money for my van so i going to look after it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well over a month ago! I need to do it tomorrow at some point before I start night shift. Looks very grubby:eek:

·
Registered
877 Posts
i have ocd to mine gets washed at the very least once a week by me i to wouldnt let anyone else touch my pride and joy, ive watched them do other peoples cars they must be putting swirl marks scratches and god no"s what on cars. I have my wheels off the van every month give them a good clean and seal then put them back on! i paid a lot of money for my van so i going to look after it.
Well said, it is a pain and only lasts a day or so depending on the rain but I keeps the salt and grime off
My van came full of swirl marks from new it took a machine buff and
Polish to get them out then a wolf body wrap to protect it.
A lot of money and it needs looking after.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts