VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,493 Posts
Just connect it to one of the switched live contacts...same as the radio uses...plenty spare.
As for roof lining, rear full section slides out from the back, front is held by the centre rail and the side plastic pieces.
Remove both side trims, centre trim and the light fitting (the sun flaps and any front trim too)...not a big job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just connect it to one of the switched live contacts...same as the radio uses...plenty spare.
As for roof lining, rear full section slides out from the back, front is held by the centre rail and the side plastic pieces.
Remove both side trims, centre trim and the light fitting (the sun flaps and any front trim too)...not a big job.
Thanks mate!
  • How do I know where exactly those are on the fuse box?
  • Will they keep live even when car is turned off? I need the camera to keep working when parked. (sorry should have said before)

Headliner..I had a go already, cracked a couple panels and decided it wasn't for me. literally everyone I've asked to do it says it's tricky because of all the electrics and aircon and due to the age (it may break easily maybe?) and that they've not the time to do it.. ie. don't want to do it. :-/
...a couple places I've asked can do it but not for weeks...

mechanics don't really want to touch it..so who do i go to that can do it relatively quick?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I have done this with a fuse tap, the kit looks like it has them, you need to find a fuse for something in the box that goes off when you turn the ignition off, possibly the radio as suggested. The fuse you select then Comes out, plug the fuse tap into that socket and the removed fuse into the fuse tap itself.

This gives you your live feed, then find any suitable bit of metal for an earth or located another and go onto that with a ring connector or similar.

It’s kind of piggy back system which works well in my experience.
Hope that helps!

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,493 Posts
If you want it to be on all the time, just connect to the battery, or the feed that goes into the fusebox.
Just be aware, that by doing this, it WILL flatten your battery over a couple of weeks.

MY camera (don't remember the make...bought in UK at Maplins 6 years ago), stays on for 30 mins using it's own battery...that is then charged when ignition is back on

As for headlining, I took one out on my own in about 30 mins.
ALL light fittings removed, if you have aircon, check the plastic grill covers are NOT screwed to the frame, and then simply slide it out backwards.
NO panels need to be removed for the main section....it's slides in and out. (Maybe it had some fixing at the rear..I don't remember, it was 7 years ago.)
Front is the same as any "van"....held by the side panels, centre rail, and the sun-visors/light fitting at the front......again, had mine out a few times....30 min job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts