VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you leave ipads etc when you leave the van, or do you carry them with you?

It would be a pain having to carry them if we were out cycling.

Paul

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
Oh now you have told me what tools to bring.

Seriously any one now can see your reg. now knows what you have and how you "secure" it.

I could cut through that cable in about 10seconds.

Think on.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Most car crime is opportunist. If they can't get in 30 seconds they are not interested. The only tool they use is a brick.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Keep the kids gadgets in this

It's clamp to the rear of the seat and you have to open the box to remove the brackets
Or remove the seat and box complete ( if he's strong enough to carry both let him have it )

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
the advantage of a tailgate, with the inside catch immobilised (in a t4 anyway)
generally lots of places to hide things in a full conversion - we even lose things ourselves

·
Previously; Trikemania
351 Posts
Cumbria lad, do you not mean disable the rear catch from the outside?
as once they are in, they have a choice of exits?
or again perhaps its me age not telling me something?:confused::*

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Erik, no, there's a catch you can release from the inside via a hole in our bottom panel. fiddly anyway but actually below our fixed bed panel so very difficult.
without the tailgate open anything under the rear bed platform is almost impossible to access, so even smashing the rear window or getting inside doesn't help.
+ you can't prise a tailgate open like barn doors. could even park tight to a wall

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In a safe.

You can get safes with a security cable that you can wrap around some structure like the seat base.

http://www.thesafeshop.co.uk/Catego...m_campaign=Vehicle Security&utm_term=Car Safe

I have no connection just did a simple search.
Yep looks just the job.

Thanks for all the replies.

We will always try an park in a secure location, its just to deter the opportunist, anyone who really wants to get in will do and if they have the time will get past most security,

Paul

·
Registered
541 Posts
Oh now you have told me what tools to bring.

Seriously any one now can see your reg. now knows what you have and how you "secure" it.

I could cut through that cable in about 10seconds.

Think on.
:*. So your going to drive lookin on all the campsite's looking for reg of the van ,,,,,, LOL: think on LOL:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is it just me but when im away in the van the last thing I want to do is play on a ipad I go to get away from all that and enjoy the outdoors :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts