VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i use my van for many different things, im in the process of starting a camper conversion but something removable/modular.

Currently its a Combi, so i have the sub sat behind the rear seats.

but when i remove the seats its in the way, or i have to move it!

i have thought about building it into a box around the rear arch (where the Jack originally sits in the small area there)

i have a leisure battery under my passenger seat and wouldnt fancy the sub vibrating under the drivers seat and doubt it would fit in anyway.

what have you done or what do you think?

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

maybe something like this??

flattop for putting bits if needed.

just need to get the tape out and see if a 12" will fit in the gap with enough space to work properly.

will also need to mesh it, or maybe perferate the enclosure so it doesnt get damaged by tools or bits in the back hitting it.

will be carpetted anyway.

ill keep you updated. in the mean time any other ideas appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have twin doors on mine so wouldn't go in there on mine!

That's not a massive space, what sub have you put I. There?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think it would fit in the rear panel, above the wheel arch or to the side of it.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts

maybe something like this??

flattop for putting bits if needed.

just need to get the tape out and see if a 12" will fit in the gap with enough space to work properly.

will also need to mesh it, or maybe perferate the enclosure so it doesnt get damaged by tools or bits in the back hitting it.

will be carpetted anyway.

ill keep you updated. in the mean time any other ideas appreciated!
Doing something very simlar for the T5 right now, be ready in the new year -Feburary ish

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
You should be able to fit most subs in that spot this was quite a deep vanadium model (this was a bit rough in an old van but kept the space open nicely for crashing out in) front half of box had a lift up top for storage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts