VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need to check a fuse that is in fusebox C....which according to Elsawin is under the dash panel. It shows it as a dot right in the middle of the dashboard but I've had a couple of panels off but cannot find it! Is it deep down behind the dash somewhere and not accessable or am I looking in the wrong place?

Any help much appreciated......:ILU:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
There are two fuseboxes behind a panel just below the cupholder - quarter turn with a slotted screwdriver & there they are - the other one is under the bonnet close to the battery.

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
There are two fuseboxes behind a panel just below the cupholder - quarter turn with a slotted screwdriver & there they are - the other one is under the bonnet close to the battery.
I've got another couple of small fuse boxes under the passenger seat

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, sorry I didn't make myself clear.....:eek: I've found the ones you mention which I think are fuseboxes A and B. The one I'm talking about is called Relay Carrier 1 (according to Elsawin) and is apparently "Under dash panel, centre (under the fuses)" but I've had a peek behind the panel under the 2 fuse boxes but I can't see anything obvious. Do you think they mean behind the fuseboxes maybe? :*

Cheers again....T:

·
Registered
237 Posts
ahhh, the relay carrier is burried under the battery on the nearside under the bonnet. If you disconnect and remove the battery, then remove the battery holder you should see a black plastic 'box'. Remove the 6 or 7 torx screws and lift the lid off. You will have to be careful as there are often wires sealed into the lid so it can't be removed fully. Once off you should be able to see the relay carrier and some MAHOOOSIVE fuses (I have one rated at 174 amps!!!!!!!) Just don't drop your torx bit into the engine tray, it's a bugger to get back I:

hope this helped.
Chris.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahhh, the relay carrier is burried under the battery on the nearside under the bonnet. If you disconnect and remove the battery, then remove the battery holder you should see a black plastic 'box'. Remove the 6 or 7 torx screws and lift the lid off. You will have to be careful as there are often wires sealed into the lid so it can't be removed fully. Once off you should be able to see the relay carrier and some MAHOOOSIVE fuses (I have one rated at 174 amps!!!!!!!) Just don't drop your torx bit into the engine tray, it's a bugger to get back I:

hope this helped.
Chris.
Ok cheers....Is that definitely relay carrier 1?? Only that bares no resemblence to "Under dash panel, centre (under the fuses)"

The fuse I'm after is the one that is supposed to protect the electric window brainbox on the passenger window motor. Its aparently 30A. I'll have a look anyway.....T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts