VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have a 97 2.4d and was wondering where this glow plug fuse is? I have been reading about it a lot lately and just want to check it

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think it's number 15 from the left of the fuse box mate. Fuse box is located on the drivers side of the dash. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
We all know what thought did.

The glow plug fuse is in a black plastic box in the engine compartment. Often found on the inner wing. Follow some of the wires from it as there is also a box with the rad fan fuses in the engine bay.

Can't give exact location as mine is a LHD and earlier.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Mine , (94 2.4 ) is on inner wing , driver side , to left of the servo unit , as yr under the bonnet . Heavy wires going to it . Only £2.50 (ish) a pack . Run a jump lead from batt. +pos. to glo-plugs to see if its gone ,

·
Registered
64 Posts
ok with the glowplug fuse, but what is the similar black box in front of the battery, the 2 fan fuses? ta
yes the fan fuses. and make sure you give them a pull in the middle, mine went but it was a fine crack that opened up when warm, it was a pain in the *** finding it was the fault.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
gt - thanks
but now papa's confused me, our 'glow plug power feed fuse is the small black box' is on the drivers side above the air filter

·
Registered
64 Posts
looking at your engine the glowplug fuse is on the left above the air filter it is a single strip fuse i think its 80 amp ? can't remember.
the 2 on the right by the battery are for the fans, they go into the fan controller bolted next to it, if you follow the wires its a black box with 2 plugs if memory serves me correct.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts