VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Just faffing about trying to get my van up and running again after swapping cylinder heads, but after also swapping the injector pump I cant get any fuel to come from the tank to the IP.Im guessing its a problem with the lift pump. There is definitely fuel in it, I can hear the solenoid click, fuse 18 is fine, havent checked the relay (dont know how to), so what else is there?

Its a 94 1.9d van with a 1z conversion. Ive just rebuilt the 1z engine using the head, injectors and IP from an AFN with the 1Z block turbo and ecu. Would any of that be confusing matters for the van? Ive not yet had it running with the AFN injector pump fitted, but did have it running with lots of diesel stinking white smoke and the AFN head and Injectors on. (no radiator on it so not steam)...

Whats causing the trouble?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can't answer most of your questions but I belive the lift pump is accessed via a small round hatch under the floor matt beneath passenger seat. If they are anything like other VW lift pumps (swapped one on an a4 last year) then they are made of cheap plastic and have a small pump, that wears out, mine was pretty broken and had leaks. Ibe also has a small air leak on top of fuel filter previously that made it run like ****.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
theres no 'lift-pump' on your t4 (y)

use a serringe to fill the injection-pump and fuel filter, also inspect the fuel lines around the filter as thes can cause non-start issues (especially the plastic 'thermo valve' that joins the return pipes to the filter, this failing is as common as Audi wheels on a t4:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Rich.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Audi wheels on a T4? The audacity!!!!!!

currently got mirror polished RH Toplines so I surely, can’t be considered “common” 🤣..

dunno what was going on but I released the Union from the return line meeting the filter and it bled up pretty quickly. Then I had my injectors rebuilt and the van is now running better than ever..... hopefully ill get the rad and intercooler back together tomorrow and go for a spin.... the first spin since Christmas!

Thanks for your input 👍

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MIMs suit the 'sat but you need more "lip" and more of a slab side for a van.....

... like this,
perhaps..

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Audi parts only work in the interior....... 360 bases are homebrew... not bad when you think I couldn't weld until lockdown started!

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,508 Posts
Don't care what fancy seats you "bodge in", if thay ain't got arm-rests, they would NEVER go in my van!
Especially leather ones that look like a 20 year boxer dogs nuts after a few years....wrinkled and cracking.. :eek:

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the cold air really have that effect on a Scandi Boxers Plum sack?...... What cream does the Vet prescribe for that? ..... might try a drop on my, frankly gorgeous, scrapyard find seats..... no splits or cracking yet... it would just be a preventative measure... 😎

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,508 Posts
NICE ONE!!!

Really like to get feedback to put "in my sack". (y) :D

Still...You GOTTA have arm-rests in a van.;)

OH....btw, you should really try "Bamboo" boxer shorts....NOT painful like you'd think...I have socks, shorts and T shirts made of it.....softer than silk, and certainly soaks the sweat up.
Seriously...Google the stuff!

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There’s a bed in the back if she wants to “lean over”...... for some reason she always wants an expensive hotel rather than 30 year old van made from bits I found in scrapyards and strange old men’s sheds...... women huh!?

I’m not at all adverse to an armrest.... couldn’t do without them in my Transit but for some reason I don’t notice not having them in the Transporter..... although I do have some black P38 seats with armrests, in reserve ;)

Rich? Do us the courtesy of sharing a pic of your Far Eastern Thrones with us, please... 😃

1 - 13 of 13 Posts