VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My right hand side electric sliding door has stopped working and the dash light / button is flashing yellow.

I've plugged it into VCDS and have the following:

Address 78: Slide Door, Right Labels: None
Part No: 7H0 959 243 J
Component: Schiebetuer-SG 404 0320
Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
VCID: 39791778734473E969E-513C

3 Faults Found:
00003 - Control Module
014 - Defective
02356 - Data Transfer to Sliding Door
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit - Intermittent
02366 - Pinch Protection
011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent

It's the first time I've used VCDS so I'm assuming I need to replace the sliding door module: Part No: 7H0 959 243 J but where is it located?

I've checked under the drivers seat and have found the convenience module - part number 7H0 959 433 B, so I know it's not that. I've also found the sliding door sender unit behind the sliding door panel - part number 7H0 959 991. What does that do? But where is the sliding door module:*

Any help is appreciated T:

Cheers,

Si.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Try looking for the control units on the 'D' posts fitted to mounting brackets.

Rod

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, just been out with torch in hand and had a good look around the D post and found it.

I guess it makes sense to be by the door motor :rolleyes: but it's a real pig to get to :eek:

It's out now anyway so a call to VW in the morning to find out how much they are.

Thanks again for your help A:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Check the control unit and wiring for water as the rivets and motor mount can leak water and it drips into the control unit, just in case it does it to the new control unit

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi must be something in the water ours went last week Vw has quoted £191 didn't know wether that was including vat or not made to much noise spitting my coffee out hope this helps i have a spare motor here and the sender unit if needed hope you get sorted jamie

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi found modules on internet Tom at motors in motion have 3 in stock

7HO 959 243 E ,2 of and part no with j 1 of they are the same part but number changes every 2 years
they are £66 delivered
hope its a help jamie

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi found modules on internet Tom at motors in motion have 3 in stock

7HO 959 243 E ,2 of and part no with j 1 of they are the same part but number changes every 2 years
they are £66 delivered
hope its a help jamie
Thanks Jamie, that's another great source of parts to bookmark as well A:T:

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check the control unit and wiring for water as the rivets and motor mount can leak water and it drips into the control unit, just in case it does it to the new control unit
The unit appears to be dry and the wiring looks okay, that's not to say it hasn't got in at some point though. I'll also replace the motor seal on the outside which may help prevent it happening again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts