VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Van won't start - I suspect it's a blocked fue line/filter/pump, but have someone who can plug in and check the diagnostics. Only trouble is I've no idea where the connector is! Can anyone help?

In the mean time I'll be checking there is fuel getting through.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Given the age of the van, it may well be a 2x2 connector right in the top of the fuse box (look up from footwell to see the 2 connectors - one back, one white) rather than an OBDII connection.

Hope you get it going again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is the old fashioned black plug and white plug. Is it easy to get an adapter for it?

Checked it out today - fuel is getting through, there is a spark, but no sign of life.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
648 Posts
It is the old fashioned black plug and white plug. Is it easy to get an adapter for it?
If you've got an ODBII connector, there are plenty of folk selling adapters on ebay and elsewhere. Try searching ebay or Googling for "2x2 obd2 adapter". They're not expensive.

Checked it out today - fuel is getting through, there is a spark, but no sign of life.

Any thoughts?
That's a bit odd. If you're getting fuel and a spark I would expect at least a hint of life. I wonder if it's a timing issue - the hall effect senders can fail and then the ECU doesn't know when the engine's at TDC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts