VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of some new glow plugs, having to use easy start in the morning to get it running first off.

Where is the best place for me to buy some from? Wanting to install them on Saturday. Is it worth buying the 'special' tool?

Local car parts place to me quoted £9.14 each, but could probably get them for under £9 because I know the guy. Was also going to buy the relay as well but not got a price on that.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Special tool!!!!!!!!! wish I had known that existed when I did mine, straight forward but fiddly, and that was on a hot sunny day. Wouldn't fancy trying out there at the moment, my fingers would fall off

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
What is this "Special tool" you speak of?

I just thought you need a bent spanner thing to get at one of the plugs and the rest was just standard tool box?

·
Registered
335 Posts
i got mine from local parts suppliers, about 4 quid each inc vat?? and they were ngk ones..... the ones i got from gsf didnt last more than 4 months.....but im the only one i've heard of that happening to.....bad batch maybe??

·
Registered
169 Posts
What is this "Special tool" you speak of?

I just thought you need a bent spanner thing to get at one of the plugs and the rest was just standard tool box?
Glow plug offset ratchet spanner for vw/audi - about £13 from Halfrauds mate. Gotta get one to do mine soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts