VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Need to raise my ride height an inch or two. Found this thread http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=300555 but cant find the spacers for sale anywhere?

cheers
Get a local machine shop to knock some up for you ...... get what you want then.

I used to buy 'blank' alloy wheels and have the stud pattern drilled depending what I was using them on ................... not T4's I might add ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I keep searching but don't think anyone is selling them anymore. If anyone knows different please paste a direct link. Too late for me though I've ordered the Bluebird springs now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for that degzie, just what I was after.
Funny thing ebay, put in a search for "VW T4 spacer" and got 66 results but none of these, using the item number and seeing what they are listed as I put in "VW T4 suspension spacer" and got 68 results with 2 of the spacers I want, tried again and got no results, now can only get the 2 listed if I put in "VW transporter suspension spacer" :*
Got there in the end T:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quick question;

I'm running a standard height t5 van, on 225/70/16 BFGs. The van is currently empty due to moving house, but I'll be putting the units and bed back in soon, and the suspension noticeably sags at the rear when it's got all that stuff in. Ideally I would like a lift, but it's a high mileage van, so I would be concerned about any extra strain on the drivetrain by even a small lift. Instead I'm looking at those caravan assistor type spacers (the ones that fit amongst the coils), since they are cheap, easy to fit, and don't require diff spacers or anything.
I have read bad things about how they stress the rest off the spring though? Has anybody got advice as to whether it is likely to be of benefit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cheers for that degzie, just what I was after.
Funny thing ebay, put in a search for "VW T4 spacer" and got 66 results but none of these, using the item number and seeing what they are listed as I put in "VW T4 suspension spacer" and got 68 results with 2 of the spacers I want, tried again and got no results, now can only get the 2 listed if I put in "VW transporter suspension spacer" :*
Got there in the end T:

Hi, can you tell me if these spacers go on the bottom or top of spring?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fitted the 25 mm spacers bought of ebay, bought a pair of 50mm to start but they looked like the spring could come off the upper spigot so exchanged them.
Found them to be not very useful, they are not the big diameter of the large rubber spacers, I was getting some nasty noises which I couldn't track down to tyre rubbing (Larger all terrain tyres and Weitech HD springs), I think the pigtail of the springs was being pushed up inside the main part of the spring and the alloy spacer was rubbing against the inside of the spring. Maybe I didn't fit them right?
Cut some large diameter spacers from marine ply today and replaced the alloy spacers, increased ride height, no noise, no rubbing so far. Will have to load her up and test again.
If anyone wants to try the alloy spacers I now have a pair to sell, ebay item 122025495622

1 - 14 of 14 Posts