VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I’m planning on taking my kiddies away for September weekend. Can anyone recommend a site preferably located close to the sea, with facilities for children? We’re 16 miles south of Glasgow, Scotland

Also, I’m not sure which length of hook up cable to buy. They go from 10m-25m, can anyone advise which length I need?
Thanks
Caoimhe

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Hi There,

Tayview is a brilliant site/location up in Monifieth. Safe for the kids on their bikes and the park between the two campsites is perfect. Right on the sandy beach. I've been going here for 16 years. We are back up in October.

Oh and I think my hook up cable is 10m.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I’ll check Tayview out. I just bought a 25m, thought it’s probably better to get more than less. Just been Go Outdoors in Coatbridge, Scotland. I think that’s us all geared up for our first camping trip:)

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Thanks, I’ll check Tayview out. I just bought a 25m, thought it’s probably better to get more than less. Just been Go Outdoors in Coatbridge, Scotland. I think that’s us all geared up for our first camping trip:)
I'm just along the road from there at Bathgate.

Enjoy your first trip away, I'm sure the kids will be super excited.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi, enjoy mate 👍 i up monifieth end month with caravan , site called riverview , never been but looks nice enough, hope the weather is good for you and kids.👍

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Hi, enjoy mate 👍 i up monifieth end month with caravan , site called riverview , never been but looks nice enough, hope the weather is good for you and kids.👍
We used to go to the static van in river view Frase. Good wee site also.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Was gonna take the camper mate but facilities are still closed on the site so the caravan is a better option 👍👍

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Was gonna take the camper mate but facilities are still closed on the site so the caravan is a better option 👍👍
We are away to the log cabins tomorrow until Monday then I'm on a wee road trip Next Wednesday around loch Hourn for a few days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts