VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the purchase of a t4 i've after for a while fell through yesterday :(
so the hunt for a good'un is back on again.
where can i look? there has to more places to buy from than the usual: evilbay, van trader, pistonheads, gumtree,etc.
but where?
i'm after a lwb but theres only a hand full around on the market that i can find.
surely theres more of them out there???
any ideas on where else to search?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
are you willing to travel? i got mine from Porthcawl, 247miles from me.... the right van is always worth a road trip:cool:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
are you willing to travel? i got mine from Porthcawl, 247miles from me.... the right van is always worth a road trip:cool:
Must have been a good van to venture to Porthcawl, wouldn't wish it on anyone :D T:.

I once sold a rare Audi 20v Quattro Coupe, the bloke came down from the top of Scotland to buy it, with his kid and wife!, Spoke on the phone in the evening, he turned up mid day the next day.

Fortunately he was very happy with his purchase and I was honest, though I am a bit OCD about cars and would play on my mind if I sold someone something it wasnt.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Lol.... wasnt too bad.. passed two blokes kitesurfing on the way to seeing it, i think that must have been an Omen...:ILU:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I Think JasonK was trying to help you there...I:
yeah i got that. H:

have been searching hi and low and i'm willing to travel for the right one, already clocked up a fair few miles viewing 3 different vans!!!
there must be more out there somewhere.
tried putting a wanted ad on here but im not a full member and not allowed to post. :(

·
Registered
733 Posts
Trawled the internet for months then found one in Norwich (I'm in Camberley) traveled up on the train with the gf and drove back added another £95 to the total cost but worth it T: The only other place I can think to look is Volksworld and other VW publications and websites....

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm selling one for a customer at the moment, lowish mileage, part converted, ready to just put a bed in the back and go. SWB though... Got loads of pics of everything it's had done to it if you're still interested?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Sometimes they are right under your nose too. I spent months searching on the net for a van and when collecting a rental van for work at a van rental company there she was sat there been cleaned as she had been part ex'd that hour. Fastest sale ever!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
1st one I bought via Autotrader- and cost me £1,800 on engine work to put right.

2nd and 3rd 'Velles I got from forum members on here and they have been as sweet as.

Good luck with the search.... x

·
Registered
326 Posts
I trawled the evil web and evil bay ,pistonhead for about 5 months saw some shockers that would make a posh man with a 30k T5 wet themselves.But one day logged onto pistonheads and voila posted 3hrs before drove the company motor up next day to have a look 140 miles..And jumped on the train next Tuesday*<:)> and its a yellow beasty in my drive ..it just takes time because there is some over rated overpriced shat out there but just one little hunny......

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
1st one I bought via Autotrader- and cost me £1,800 on engine work to put right.

2nd and 3rd 'Velles I got from forum members on here and they have been as sweet as.

Good luck with the search.... x
I bought mine through Autotrader (checked everyday first thing for months).. And one finally came up, the seller was inundated with calls but I was first... my advice would be to carry on checking the sites you have mentioned and don't be in a hurry as one will turn up T:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts