VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i sell my cat in cornwall??and im not talking about the mrs's moggie!! i wish!I:
which scrappy will give the best monies....:ILU:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Not sure which will give you best price etc, but mate of mine has been to orchards in St Day/ United downs. Pretty sure he'd know which was best, but don't quote me on it. If you head over there, there are a couple next to each other. But check before you go, as their wiegh bridge was out of action today. hope this helps

Josh :ILU:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Not sure which will give you best price etc, but mate of mine has been to orchards in St Day/ United downs. Pretty sure he'd know which was best, but don't quote me on it. If you head over there, there are a couple next to each other. But check before you go, as their wiegh bridge was out of action today. hope this helps

Josh :ILU:
Yeah Johnny Orchards , St Day , redruth

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
If the catalsyt is from your T4 assuming its a diesel then dont expect any more than £20 for it,scrap merchants class these as whats known in the scrap trade as a half cat.A diesel cat does two things where a petrol cat does three and this means they are not worth as much as a petrol cat.
Orchards is the place to take it locally though.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
A standard t4 cat you should ge £15-£20 in most places, some call them euro cats to.
T5 cats on the othe rhand are around £50-£70 and a new t5.1 cat we got £95 for.A:
Some scrap dealers ahve no clue what so ever about how to price them, but in general the tighter the spiral core in the middle and the more of it and the newer type of vehilce its on the better for value.T:
Petrol ones again are better than a diesel cat.I:

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
A standard t4 cat you should ge £15-£20 in most places, some call them euro cats to.
T5 cats on the othe rhand are around £50-£70 and a new t5.1 cat we got £95 for.A:
Some scrap dealers ahve no clue what so ever about how to price them, but in general the tighter the spiral core in the middle and the more of it and the newer type of vehilce its on the better for value.T:
Petrol ones again are better than a diesel cat.I:
If it was a 5.1 "cat" that was a dpf, these are new over a grand...........I'd start keeping a stock if I was you, label them with reg, chassis and engine code..... You could be missing out on a fair bit of dosh

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Yer they are alt of dosh from vw, we only keep the cat though, the control system and all the other junk that goes on them is the part that costs the money, we keep ours and weigh in when the price of platinum is high, seams to vary according to time of year rather than output of yield of platinum. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts