VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I live in Southampton and I am looking to convert a T5. I believe I have exhaustively searched the net for companies nearby. I would really appreciate any recommendations / advise, especially from anyone who has used any of the following:-

• Rolling homes
  • Nomad
  • K2
  • Eclipes
  • Revampervan
  • Uberbus
  • Free Spirit

Also, if you feel I have missed a company worth checking out, please let me know.

Thanks.

Jake.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Clough at Uberbus did my pop top - first class work and I looked at some stuff he was doing (my van was already converted so he didn't do mine) and it looked really good. We're toying with the idea of a new van and he's near the top of my list for conversion if we go down this route.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have emailed Uberbus and they sent me a full price list. I will contact Action vans today. Thanks everyone, it shocking how hard it is to get a complete list of VW conversion companies in your area.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Defiantly go and visit / contact Mike at mi-van. http://mi-van.co.uk/home/ I saw some of his work while sourcing some lightweight ply and other bits earlier this year and it was all top quality. Helpful and gave me some good advice as well as responding promptly to queries & mails.
I was after a custom kitchen pod and by the time I found out about Mi-van I had decided to make it myself but prior to that did visit Uberbus and Action van, both of which I liked the quality of work but either the price wasn’t what I could afford or they were too busy to fit me in. If your anything like me you will want to discuss lots of details about the conversion and having someone local will make it much easier.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Not sure how far you want to travel, but Kingfisher in Hove did my bed and windows. Excellent job, very helpful and finished early. While I was there I had a nose around some other vans that had in and it all looked really good.

·
Registered
878 Posts
For me I would shortlist it to either Clough at Uberbus or Mike and MI Conversions. You won't go wrong with either of them. Both really helpful, highly recommended and do a great job. Give them a call and get prices, have a visit to see their work and talk through your job and then go with with who suits you best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you everyone for you help. I called in with Uberbus yesterday and he was really helpful and will definatly be asking him for a price on a detailed spec. I also popped in to see Revampavan which is just down the road and he was equally friendly and helpful, I will also be asking him for a quote.

I have a few big decisions to make first. No. 1 priority is the roof. Do I go Reimo or SCA. I am new to forums and am guessing the etiquette to to use the existing thread on this topic to ask my questions.

Thanks again everyone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts