VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,
I’ve recently sold my T4 and acquired a T5:) the brake warning light has come on intermittently after a trip to France. I typed the registration into several online suppliers and there seems to be variations of disc sizes etc for my van. Is there an easy way to identify size required without taking the wheels off and measuring the disks? The van is a 2012 140 6 speed. It’s currently on 18” Sportlines. Thanks in advance for any advice👍
I can’t seem to upload pics? I created a new album but get no further:* time to study, it’s been a while...

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Further to this I have created a new album for my T5, however there is no 'upload' button anywhere to enable me to upload pics! Any ideas people?:*

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
T28, T30, T32?

Genuine sportline or just looks?

Have a look on the build sticker stuck in the cover of the handbooks, forget which one. Logs all codes for build equipment.

Not the only codes to look for but might have the likes of PR2E3, PR2E4 etc

Thats of course if irts origin not modded brakes.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mindriot!

I should've said its a Caravelle, I'll post pics as soon as I can find an upload pics button:) Sportline look wheels I think? Really don't know.

I'll check the handbook for codes, assume there will be codes that determine the brake disc size...

I've got the rear inner panel off at the moment trying to sort the non airflow to top airvents, the buttons on the overhead console light and the actuators are moving via the servos (sometimes) but seem to have a mind of their own! No logic to it and cannot get air flow out of the main vents - just the very edge vents! Funny I never touched my T4 Haynes manual, it still looks brand newI:

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Never pulled a caravelle apart yet. Im too poor lol.

Most vans have the same brakes, 308 front discs with ate calipers up front, forget the rear size but the caliper is also the handbrake, that iirc is PR2E3.

Older sportlines were often T32 based which was the same caliper but 333 front brake disc, bigger rear disk which had a seperate handbrake drum, iirc that was PR2E4.

Those setups persevere all the way from 2004. Though some T5.1 have a 340 front disc and double piston caliper setup now.

Caravelles I "think" just follow the equivalent spec for load weight class (not certain) ie T30, T32.

·
Vendor
6 Posts
Enter your car make and get the exact Brake Discs & Brake Pads that suit you better in your vehicle.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
What has this spam got to do with an old conversation????

A necro bump advert thats about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts