VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old Caravelle CL

I've put a double van seat in place of the single front passenger seat & the gear knob hits the seat corner, if I fit an extender which works best, the straight one or angled?

I may also do the linkage mod

Ta

Carl

·
Registered
139 Posts
Old Caravelle CL

I've put a double van seat in place of the single front passenger seat & the gear knob hits the seat corner, if I fit an extender which works best, the straight one or angled?

I may also do the linkage mod

Ta

Carl
I have a double passenger seat and I have a straight extender which I have no problems with at all.

I got it on ebay with a pool ball gear knob:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Gear-Lever-Extension-Pool-Ball-Knob-Fits-Volkswagen-T4-Transporter-VW-/400302997224?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d33eafee8

·
aka, funkydung
104 Posts
Do the short shift mod (really easy, you can get the right sized drill bit from toolstation for a couple of quid) and go for a straight extension. works great for me, the best thing I have done to the van so far! :ILU::):)

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I bought a straight one & my knuckles touch the dash in 1st, 3rd & 5th, so I'll be doing the short shift mod sometime soon, along with the other 101 jobs on my list.

Al.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts