VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am after a leisure battery what size should I get and where is the best place to get one ? I am doing a full conversion , but wanting to run nothing really big off the battery at the moment , but may in the future so don't want to be buying a bigger one later. So want to get it right this time! T:

·
Premium Member
4,760 Posts
2 x aa batts should work a few *<:)>I:I:I:I:I: leds

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If you're not running too much and will use hook up now and again get about an 85ah. if you're going to do a bit of wild camping and won't have hook up or don't want to run you r van too much get the 110ah which should see you right for a weekend

·
Registered
68 Posts
Halfords arnt cheap. But they are guaranteed for 2 years. At 23months I took mine in and they changed it straight away,no quibbles, didnt even check the battery. I simply told them it wasnt holding the charge like it used to. Also didnt have the receipt to prove it was under 2 yrs. Result.

Leisure batteries will only last a few years as they degrade over time with the constant charging and discharging etc..

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My mate owns a garage, so I got a Shield leisure battery 85ah for about £60, can't remember actual price. 2 yr guarantee I think.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Depends on your layout. Under passenger seat is popular. Mine is at the rear in a unit. Worth maybe keeping it separate from your gas bottle. (Although this should be in its own box)

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am having a full side of units . But thinking of under seats . Don't know if it would fit under drivers seat but got loads of space under passenger seat T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts