VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From browsing I see that there seems to be 2 kits for upgrading headlights. I have the r8 style headlights so whose do I go for?
Or is there another option?

And before its posted not interested in hid kits :)

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
They all do the same thing as far as I know - I bought mine from T4sRUs, Upspex does a good'un, as do Autosparks, and then there's the people who can build their own for a fiver and a couple of sweet wrappers LOL: - you pays your money, you makes your choice. I was buying other bits at the same time, so saved on postage. Have a look at what else Upspex & Autosparks do - you might be able to bundle up. Get the bulbs too - well worth it T:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have nightbreakers for my dips currently but not main beam. Am not on the lookout for anything else at the mo just the loom. I did read the upspex kit did do a kit for r8s and sent auto a message yesterday but no reply as yet, so thought I would ask peoples thoughts :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I bought the kit from upspex and i have the audi style lights with the night breakers on the dip beam and standard lamps in the main beam and what a difference think aliens can see me from space lol :D

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did I read correctly somewhere that the Upspex kit turns on the main and the dips together? THink at the moment it just puts on the one or the other. Does the AutoSparks kit do that?

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Did I read correctly somewhere that the Upspex kit turns on the main and the dips together? THink at the moment it just puts on the one or the other. Does the AutoSparks kit do that?
He did mine so both come on when full beam is selected and it makes a massive difference, was a bit worried about the lamp overheating or reduced lamp life, but have had it fitted for over a year and still works perfectlyT:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
He did mine so both come on when full beam is selected and it makes a massive difference, was a bit worried about the lamp overheating or reduced lamp life, but have had it fitted for over a year and still works perfectlyT:
what bulb type are you using - standard H4?

If so I might do that to mine as it would be better.:D
I always thought the bulbs wouldn't take it...

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
what bulb type are you using - standard H4?

If so I might do that to mine as it would be better.:D
I always thought the bulbs wouldn't take it...
I am using the ones supplied by Upspex, think they are the nightbreakers works really wellT:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they are H1 ones in the R8 Style lights I believe, would be good with both sets on at the same time. Guess the plastic ok with it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts