VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing a bit of research and although some people claim to have 1.9td's that have had aircon in since they were new I'm pretty sure that it was only the 2.5tdi's. The reason for asking is beacuse I am hoping to retro fit aircon to my now 1.9tdi T4 and I cannot for the life of me find the part number for aircon/steering pump bracket for it??
thx D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm trying to figure out where the compressor will go on the 1.9 as well, as obviously the belt layout is different on the 2.5.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Back in 2004 I had a 2000 ABL van here in Portugal and VW here quoted me 2500€ to fit AC. I didn't got for it at the time, seemed excessive. My 2003 AJT panel van has factory AC though.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So from my understanding a lot of the golfs/passat/ etc had aircon from factory but only outside of Europe, ie America etc? I'm still struggling to get a part number but am I right in assuming that the engine block for the AHU and the AFN are the same and therefore the brackets should be the same also?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Different types of aircon too.
Factory fitted on Caravelle Variant, Simple push button that only provides a chill from the front and is non-adjustable, also found in later transporters.
Or
Factory fitted on Caravelle Limousine, Climatronic which has a 'special' (very noticeable) duct down the middle of the roof with dialable this that and the other.

Optional Full aircon was appx £2500 extra and Climatronic. Must admit I thought it was only available on the 2.5 engines but....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts