Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK its that time again when i'm up for a set off new tyres

My alloys are regular audi 16" and my old tyres are 225/55/16 which match up with the original steelies

so i'm after the same again, I was thinking that if i went for 205 or 215 i would get some stretch, but i think i would defo need new wider wheels so think i'm gona stick with the 225/55/16

my budget is really only £250 so these are my options, any ideas or reviews please T:

Neuton NT5000

Check it out on eBay!

Autogrip

Check it out on eBay!

Sunew

Check it out on eBay!

ACCELERA ALPHA

Check it out on eBay!

advice would be appreciated T:T:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have been running Accelra Tyres for the Last 6 Months,
For the Money they give a really Good Ride with plenty of grip & quiet running.
I know quite a few that run them on T4's & T5's & all give a positive review BUT they use the asymetrric Phi tyres
(Continental Sport Contact Tread Pattern)
Cant say what the Longetivity is yet but I'm well happy with them T: T: T:

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been running Accelra Tyres for the Last 6 Months,
For the Money they give a really Good Ride with plenty of grip & quiet running.
I know quite a few that run them on T4's & T5's & all give a positive review BUT they use the asymetrric Phi tyres
(Continental Sport Contact Tread Pattern)
Cant say what the Longetivity is yet but I'm well happy with them T: T: T:
and whys that a BUT :confused:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
i run autogrip on both my t4's and for a budget tyre are good value for money and last a long time

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
Neutons will be 1st choice on my 18's when they are referbed after having the Accellera's on my 19's (i had the PHI assymetric ones) . Agree with the Accellera's though, they ride beautifully smooth and quiet even when worn but they dont last too long.

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
I have the Neutons and so far they have been superb, they have a thick rim protector to prevent kerbing your alloys. I did a lot of research on these and they get a really good write up, they are supposed to be made by Yokohama. In the recent snow I managed to drive everyday without any major problems, they also have a good load rating.
Delivery was very fast

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ii's that time of year for me too but that is after doing over 20000 miles on my accelera's. T:

Do most people buy there tyres online and them get them retro fitted then? Do you just go to local garage or do you all have mates in the trade? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Hey Matt, I run Neuton on mine. Had them on 17s and they are great. Rim protector too.
I have just bought another set for the 15s. Really rate these myself and reasonable price too.
At the end of the day though mate, they are not van rated (nor your wheels) and you must make your own decision
( personal disclaimerI:)

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Matt, I run Neuton on mine. Had them on 17s and they are great. Rim protector too.
I have just bought another set for the 15s. Really rate these myself and reasonable price too.
At the end of the day though mate, they are not van rated (nor your wheels) and you must make your own decision
( personal disclaimerI:)
yeah your right there not 'van rated' but are 775 each corner total which is over 3 ton and my van dunt waigh that much :ILU:

but if you rate them thats good in my book T:T:T:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Out of all of them Matt I would go for the Accelera's I have been on them for the last 6 months and they are very good. I have heard good reports on the Sunew's too

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
Ii's that time of year for me too but that is after doing over 20000 miles on my accelera's. T:

Do most people buy there tyres online and them get them retro fitted then? Do you just go to local garage or do you all have mates in the trade? ;)
I had my tracking done at the same time as having my Accellera's fitted and i recon i got 12k out of them. 20k are you sure??

1 - 20 of 37 Posts