VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 140 bhp T5 (in fact now running 175bhp thanks to a Pendle remap and DPF removal...) anyway, I need to top up the oil and the manual only mentions VW specific oil. I have loads of oil in various viscosities here, anyone know what I can use?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brian, that will leave the lad even more confused,
What a minefield?,:eek:
Thanks, you're not wrong! I think I may put a little fully synthetic 5 30w in the van, I have various brands of this viscocity but none mention the VW codes.... I guess a litre of the stuff won't cause any harm...

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Thanks, you're not wrong! I think I may put a little fully synthetic 5 30w in the van, I have various brands of this viscocity but none mention the VW codes.... I guess a litre of the stuff won't cause any harm...
Why on earth would you risk it??!! Modern motors are very specific in their oil requirements.

Go to TPS and buy the correct spec Quantum oil - it's a lot better than ending up having engine damage... Otherwise, I believe Castrol Edge does a correct VW spec - make sure you match the VW 50x.xx spec that's listed in the owner manual

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Most petrol stations will sell you a top up bottle of VW 507 approved oil. Its pretty much standard oil nowadays as itll probably be BMW LL4 approved too.

Dont risk it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Most petrol stations will sell you a top up bottle of VW 507 approved oil. Its pretty much standard oil nowadays as itll probably be BMW LL4 approved too.

Spot on
Which is cheaper ,litre of correct oil or reduced engine life ???

507 only T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts