VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the front discs and pads on my 2002 2.5tdi, But which make to use ??? who makes OEM for VW and which would you use ??? :*

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
Fitted pagid to the rear of my T4 no problems, been on 3yrs.
Last year fitted pagid to the front and had vibration and pulsing brake pedal within 1 months use.
Got real bad, got fed up.
Measured run out at 0.25mm over the length of the pad
Fitted an ATE replacement problem solved.
Don't know if the pagid was just a bad day at the factory..
All the bits from eurocarparts, keep an eye on their website for discounts..

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
I need to replace the front discs and pads on my 2002 2.5tdi, But which make to use ??? who makes OEM for VW and which would you use ??? :*
Only ever used genuine (coz my price is right) .................... did have a problem with noisy rear pads once. I think that was back in 2001 (from memory they changed the material for longer life span), but been perfect ever since T:

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
TPS I think prefer if you give them part numbers, but how to find these out, aside from ringing VW ?
My fussbox sticker says I have 1LU brakes at the front, not sure at the rear, couldnt see a number like 2E2 or 2E3 in the list.

this thread I found, with helpful info from Neli @ VW Heritage, has info on the pads, but not the discs. I need to change all the discs, i presume that means new pads as well, though there's plenty of life left in them. (2.5TDI)
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=453554

dont wish to hijack this thread btw but any reply could help others besides me (and the OP). T:

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
TPS I think prefer if you give them part numbers, but how to find these out, aside from ringing VW ?
My fussbox sticker says I have 1LU brakes at the front, not sure at the rear, couldnt see a number like 2E2 or 2E3 in the list.

this thread I found, with helpful info from Neli @ VW Heritage, has info on the pads, but not the discs. I need to change all the discs, i presume that means new pads as well, though there's plenty of life left in them. (2.5TDI)
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=453554

dont wish to hijack this thread btw but any reply could help others besides me (and the OP). T:
TPS are VW ................ they can check by your VIN.

I use the same factory software here in the office but have no VIN check facility as I am not a dealer; and not connected to the VW network T:T:T:

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
thanks scruffy, am aware that TPS are VW, TPS are trade only though ? my nearest TPS is yeovil so Ive always gone to my local VW dealer (Heritage VW, not the same as VW Heritage !), but am aware that I'm probably paying for the privilege of doing so.

helpfully the TPS website only has the T5 model transporter in the dropdown list in the search filter......

anyway, worth a call to TPS to see what they say. I've nothing to lose and everything to gain. I believe some are more flexible than others when it comes to dealing with Joe public.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
thanks scruffy, am aware that TPS are VW, TPS are trade only though ? my nearest TPS is yeovil so Ive always gone to my local VW dealer (Heritage VW, not the same as VW Heritage !), but am aware that I'm probably paying for the privilege of doing so.

helpfully the TPS website only has the T5 model transporter in the dropdown list in the search filter......

anyway, worth a call to TPS to see what they say. I've nothing to lose and everything to gain. I believe some are more flexible than others when it comes to dealing with Joe public.
Technically trade only ..... but quite flexible.

TPS STORY FOR YOU:

My very local TPS used to be based 'upstairs' at my local main dealer / van centre, but no trade counter, just delivery only. When my Multi went into the boys in the workshop (all the staff are friends) and if I needed something a 'bit expensive', the parts guys would give me a price. If I felt I needed more discount they would go upstairs, ask the TPS manager what his 'best price' was, if it was cheaper they would do an internal transfer, and I would benefit from the extra discount.

To an outsider who never knew, that whole situation would seem more than crazy. TPS have moved now nearby, but still help me out.

Some time ago I was chasing interior door pull handles (now obsolete), found 6 at TPS Exeter, got my dealer to authorise an internal transfer, and up they came to Essex and into my hands, and apart from the phone call I did not have to do a thing.

VW are slowly increasing the TPS network, but are the first manufacturer to wholly own an independent parts subsiduary of that kind ....................... talk you your nearest branch they will, I am sure, help you ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes i have spoken to TPS but they are based in Cambridge and will not deal with me as i am not trade.
I would have to use local non VW garage to order parts from TPS.
Gone are the good old days of walking in the local VW garage parts department and get the parts you need.

So back to the First question Which oem discs would you use :*

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Yes i have spoken to TPS but they are based in Cambridge and will not deal with me as i am not trade.
I would have to use local non VW garage to order parts from TPS.
Gone are the good old days of walking in the local VW garage parts department and get the parts you need.

So back to the First question Which oem discs would you use :*
No those days are not gone, we just need to own newer vehicles LOL:LOL:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts