VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a bit of a stupid question but being new to T4's im not sure which one i have.
Just bought a 1995 2.0D non turbo swb T4 but ive notice most thing for sale are for 1990-1995 or 1995-2003 models, so how do i tell which bits to get ??

I'm sure thers is a simple explanation.

Also does anyine know if you can alter the steering column rake?

Thanks
Madguy:*

·
Banned
10,253 Posts
I doubt it has rake adjust

There should be some clues in the body, bumper shape for instance,

Have a look at a few sections on the forum for more info, I'm sure there will be some pointers

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
If you look at the bottom of the page in the link above it will tell you where your chassis no. is and which letter will denote early95 or late 95.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Only real differenes pre 95 to post 95 are the instruments later models have digital odometer and trip slightly different font on the dials and different steering wheels on the outside the infill panel below the radiator grill is 3 part on pre 95 and single part on post 95. Other than that i think the earlier ones still had drum brakes on the rear and later have discs.

There are probably other very minor differences but you would have to be a real expert to know them.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Only real differenes pre 95 to post 95 are the instruments later models have digital odometer and trip slightly different font on the dials and different steering wheels on the outside the infill panel below the radiator grill is 3 part on pre 95 and single part on post 95. Other than that i think the earlier ones still had drum brakes on the rear and later have discs.

There are probably other very minor differences but you would have to be a real expert to know them.
Different suspension, different brakes, different interior, different body panels, different interior!!

I had the later bumpers and body panels but earlier interior on my old van, factory standard van aswell

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, figured out that it's the early one, drum brakes, non digi mileometer but it does have a one piece from panel, very basic but that's what I like.

Loads of stuff planned but going to be a long term prodject

Madguy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts