VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having recently lowered my van I think the finishing touch will be a set of running boards, only trouble is which ones? There only seems to be two people selling them, one is Veedub Transporters and the other is forum member Rake and I was wondering what people who own either brand thought of them, pros/cons etc. I'm also guessing that once they're fitted then the standard jack becomes redundant and a trolley jack will be required?

Both sets are about the same price.

Cheers!

Rake's

·
Registered
186 Posts
Looking at them both, they look the same, I am prob wrong tho
Brought a set from rake last year, and been fine, I give them a polish every now and then, but I do like to clean stuffI:
They still look like new, very easy to fit, to be honest when i first put them on I thought they looked very fat and wide, like an american type car, if that makes sense. But soon grew on me ( 10 mins or so ):)
Seems to help with car doors in car parks as well.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
We would be very happy to do a forum members deal on theseT:T:
Lets say £179.99 with free delivery for both T4 and T5
How does that sound to you guys & girls

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We would be very happy to do a forum members deal on theseT:T:
Lets say £179.99 with free delivery for both T4 and T5
How does that sound to you guys & girls

That sounds like a sweet deal!! Can I just be doubly sure that the bars you are selling are exactly the same as Rakes, ie from the same manufacturer with exactly the same specs?

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
That sounds like a sweet deal!! Can I just be doubly sure that the bars you are selling are exactly the same as Rakes, ie from the same manufacturer with exactly the same specs?

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.
Hi, yes they are, we are the official importer of autoprotect products into the uk
We as a company would not tell you something that was not true :)
They are high grade 304 mirror polished stainless steel
Come with all fittings and galvanized brackets for full corrosion protection

We have sold loads of theseT:T:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, yes they are, we are the official importer of autoprotect products into the uk
We as a company would not tell you something that was not true :)
They are high grade 304 mirror polished stainless steel
Come with all fittings and galvanized brackets for full corrosion protection

We have sold loads of theseT:T:
That's good enough for me then! I will be on the blower this afternoon to place my order.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
That's good enough for me then! I will be on the blower this afternoon to place my order.

Many thanks.
hi mate,

These are all packed and will be on TNT's wagon this afternoon so should be with you sometime tomorrowT:T:

Thanks very much for your business we really appreciate it:):)

·
Registered
767 Posts
i have VEEBUD steps on my van van for over a year now with no problems atall ,,they are well made and being a rather rotund 18 stone fat they withstand my weight ok ,lol... the only thing i would say about them that would be a good change is the rear mounting bracket is abit weak but can be easerly fixed with a section of box section welded on to it so it doesnt distort when you jack the van up on it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have VEEBUD steps on my van van for over a year now with no problems atall ,,they are well made and being a rather rotund 18 stone fat they withstand my weight ok ,lol... the only thing i would say about them that would be a good change is the rear mounting bracket is abit weak but can be easerly fixed with a section of box section welded on to it so it doesnt distort when you jack the van up on it
Sounds good! Mine arrived today but due to the biblical rain storms we're experiencing it's going to be the weekend before I can get them fitted!
I have the jack that has the groove for the sill lip to fit in to, can you still use this with the bars fitted?

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts