VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen alot of posts about fitting saab seats into a T4.

I have an "early" with two single seat bases up front. Which saab and what year will go straight in...if any?

just so I can scour flea bay for vehicles that are being broken!I:I:I:

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
saab 93 or 95 are the chosen ones,same seats,just the 3 is from a 3 door,and fold forward,and the 5 is obviously from a 5 door T:
are you sure? theres 93 5 door cars on ebay,I heard that the 93 seat is narrower than a 95 so i fitted 93's to avoid crowding the handbrake
you will have to juggle the fixings and use some 8mm or 10mm x50mm flat steel to fit them to the bases.I love em, very comfyT:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Fitted 95 seats in mine, just had to move the mounting holes out slightly (passenger one fitted to a fasp swivel)
Paid £40 for the seats (mint)...thought I'd miss the armrests from the original seats, but the comfort of the leather Saab ones is much better.T:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fitted 95 seats in mine, just had to move the mounting holes out slightly (passenger one fitted to a fasp swivel)
Paid £40 for the seats (mint)...thought I'd miss the armrests from the original seats, but the comfort of the leather Saab ones is much better.T:
did you need to use flat bar for this or were you able to to it using the existing seat mounts ect ect?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Just bought myself a set on ebay (9-3 versions in grey leather), I could probably do a bit of a write up when they arrive if you like?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'd be interested to see if anyone has managed to fit them to rear seats in any way too. I kind of fancy replacing my 3 single mushroom bolt fixed seats with some nice leather saab ones but looking at the original bases, I can't see how I can swap the seats over very easily.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd be interested to see if anyone has managed to fit them to rear seats in any way too. I kind of fancy replacing my 3 single mushroom bolt fixed seats with some nice leather saab ones but looking at the original bases, I can't see how I can swap the seats over very easily.
Ha Ha Ha Paul, Your a mind reader, i have just found a guy breaking a 9-5 areo down the road, he has offerd me the fronts for £50 and said i may as well take the rears...I was just thinking how i could make the rears fit my existing twin middle row bases i have in the back!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ha Ha Ha Paul, Your a mind reader, i have just found a guy breaking a 9-5 areo down the road, he has offerd me the fronts for £50 and said i may as well take the rears...I was just thinking how i could make the rears fit my existing twin middle row bases i have in the back!!
I'm looking at the possibilty of fitting saab front seats into the rear of my T4. I currently have 3 individual seats that fit on the mushroom bolts, two of them lean forward whilst the middle on folds flat as a table. I'm considering changing these over to fit 3 saab seats instead. Ideally I quite like the idea of having the seats removable by utilising the current bases and mushroom bolt arrangement but it doesn't look as easy as it sounds. There may be other options but I'm going to have to do a bit of playing around first I think and plenty of measuring too!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep me too would like to keep the original bases as they are on mushrooms too (cant get the mx bike in with the seats in!) if i could graft the sab rear seats on the curent bases that would be majic i will have a good look but if it looks like it will compromise safety they will be jettisoned!!!!

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Still have my VW seats in the van, but, I had a 9-5 estate from almost new a few years back. Without doubt, the most comfortable leather seats I've ever had in a car.

Arguably the best car I've ever had !

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi mate, i fitted saab seats to my T4 had to make some plates so that they fitted, i used a Square steel plate 3mm think, rather than individual brackets.

Hope this helps, they work a treat, since the photo i have had a swivel base fitted to the passenger seat..

Gav.

·
Registered
950 Posts
did you need to use flat bar for this or were you able to to it using the existing seat mounts ect ect?
Managed to fit them in the standard base, but I did weld on some captive nuts (just to make it easier to fit the bolts)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I'm looking at the possibilty of fitting saab front seats into the rear of my T4. I currently have 3 individual seats that fit on the mushroom bolts, two of them lean forward whilst the middle on folds flat as a table. I'm considering changing these over to fit 3 saab seats instead. Ideally I quite like the idea of having the seats removable by utilising the current bases and mushroom bolt arrangement but it doesn't look as easy as it sounds. There may be other options but I'm going to have to do a bit of playing around first I think and plenty of measuring too!
i had them fitted in my van for a while but i needed moor room for the kids if you want them you can have them for £25,00
the rear ones only

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nothing like what I'm after thanks Crewes. I'm after seats to fit my existing fitted seat bases as I want them removable off the mushroom bolts I have in the rear.

I'm trying to think of a way of mounting some seats onto these style bases:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts