VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me which models have passenger or side airbags? As far as my limited research goes the California seems to have side,curtain,driver & passenger, but your standard T5 only has drivers airbag.

I believe sometime last year passenger airbags were introduced as standard but no-one seems to list them as being on the van when they advertise it.

So what did the caravelle or shuttle have as standard? was it driver/passenger, plus side a/bags or were these optional?

Thanks in advance for any answers, I've tried to research this on the Web but can't find spec guides for used vans like you get for cars on the Parkers website.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, as far as i could tell caravelles come with driver, passenger and front side curtain bags and the rear curtain bags are extra, shuttles and kombi's have driver and passenger bags, curtain bags are extra and the vans get drivers and passenger bags. This was the norm when i priced new vans in the middle of last year, hope that helps! The 06 velle i have has the lot but it all may have been extra when new.:confused:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't know the Kombi got a passenger a/bag, trouble is sellers don't mention them very often so it's quite hard to distinguish!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just had a wander round a large VW dealer forecourt (amazingly without being approached by a salesman!) they had lot's of T5's so I was able to deduce that the earliest one with a passenger airbag was a April 2008 model. This co-incides with the '08' registration which will make looking for a van a lot easier. previously a VW salesperson told me it was only found on very late 2008 models which are about £3k more !

·
Registered
85 Posts
Passenger airbags have been on the options list since 04. My 06 was specced with one. Ironically I did so for the safety of my Mrs and she now insists on sitting with her feet on the dashboard so God knows what would happen if we ever have a crash....:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts