VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any suggestions on a half decent tool set?????

Can't afford snap on and would use it enough to warrant buying them.

Just want a half decent set of 1/2" + 3/8" ratchet socket set and a set of spanners.

Suggestions anyone

Come on what you got :D

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
halfrauds professional. pretty reasonable price. lifetime garentee, so break it they'll replace. and decent kit really

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
halfrauds professional. pretty reasonable price. lifetime garentee, so break it they'll replace. and decent kit really

That's what I always buy, I reckon it's good gear and there is always offers on the sets too.

I lost my 3/8 Ratchet and needed to replace it, and with a set on offer the 3/8 mini socket set was cheaper than buying the ratchet on it's own :D

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
halfords without doubt is good for the money

for a small diy type bit of kit they are good enough

cheap enough aswell

my socket set is a halfords kit i dont use it much but it does the job

ive had it for a good 5years and all parts are still in good cond and fully working

nothing has snapped or broken

i bought a long knuckle bar for only about £10 makes mince meat of wheel nutsT:

·
Banned
1,762 Posts
Anybody got any suggestions on a half decent tool set?????

Can't afford snap on and would use it enough to warrant buying them.

Just want a half decent set of 1/2" + 3/8" ratchet socket set and a set of spanners.

Suggestions anyone

Come on what you got :D
i seen Barnie Rubble use some of these earlier on Freds rag top, seemed to do the trick:D

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh you went through all that trouble for me :D

Was thinking about TOMY or FISHER PRICE but they don't seem do a 3/8 " drive I:

You aint right Jon Rasp:

·
Registered
324 Posts
As above, go for the Halfrauds tool kits. Keep an eye out for their special offer 50% off sales. I've got the 120 piece socket, spanner set. Excellent with the lifetime warranty and only £99 when in the sale.

The lifetime warranty does only cover non-moving parts, no ratchets. They do a ratchet repair kit for only a few quid if you do kill it. Very tough stuff.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Alright at work I use snap on and MAC stuff but at home I use the halfords profesional range they sell sets or stuff on it's own, also if you get a halfords trade card you can get very good discount on tools wipers oils bulbs etc etc

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
strange you should ask this , ive slowly started buying halfords pro range , today i brought 1/2" drive socket set (the black hardened ones) and an extension bar for my torque wrench . couldnt move the wheel nuts for love nore money on 1 of my wheels after it been on for god knows how long , 10 years i believe !!. new socket set put to use stood and jumped on it and cracked the nuts so this range defo gets my thumbs up T:
i tried to undo the same nuts with a reducer brought from halfords , not the pro range and it bent I:
kieran

·
I have noticed I can't spell
6,177 Posts
another vote for the halfrauds pro range had my kit for 7 years and use it for work when needed (I work in and on the sea so proper tool killing environment)

It has still not failed!!! and has outlasted the snap on stuff in my tool box. A: which surprises me

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
As above, go for the Halfrauds tool kits. Keep an eye out for their special offer 50% off sales. I've got the 120 piece socket, spanner set. Excellent with the lifetime warranty and only £99 when in the sale.

The lifetime warranty does only cover non-moving parts, no ratchets. They do a ratchet repair kit for only a few quid if you do kill it. Very tough stuff.
If your starting from scratch, one of these is ideal. As someone else has said try and blah a trade card, or find someone that has one you do get a good discount. And I've had 2 rachets and a rachet spanner replaced, guess it just depends on who you get.

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
blue-point is their nameT:
thats the one mate...

trouble is snap on stuff aint like it used to be....if you can find the older stuff then buy it,even secondhand,worth its weight in gold..

the new stuff aint made as well,but still good quality..

i have bought a couple of halfords ratchets...one after sanpping mine,and not being able to see the snap on guy for a day or so..have to say,had to take it back twice..:confused:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Somethin like this is what i'm after T: (and a 1/2" set)

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
that service set is awesome but its dearer than off the van that one lol I:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts