VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my fourth set of wheels. Started off with genuine 18" sportlines, then some 20" rs alloys (black/polished with carbon bits). Then some 20" rs alloys with 86mm stainless lip and now some 20" RS4 replicas which I was going to paint black or red. Now I don't know if I need to get 22"s. will I ever be happy? Here's s couple of photos of the last two sets.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Id have stuck with the ones in first pic, they look stunning and suit the van :) *<:)>

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I think there should be a alloy wheel company that would let you go put wheels on to look and see how it looks. Just a thought as i've just sold my 22's and now need to decide what to replace them with. I want to see how she looks with either RS4's or the latest BMW X5's. Photoshop would give me an idea if i knew how to do it.:confused:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Should have stuck with the first set ! that looked the "Dogs danglies" !
I don`t like T5`s on 22`s they always look like they are on stilts ! 20`s are the way forward :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think there should be a alloy wheel company that would let you go put wheels on to look and see how it looks. Just a thought as i've just sold my 22's and now need to decide what to replace them with. I want to see how she looks with either RS4's or the latest BMW X5's. Photoshop would give me an idea if i knew how to do it.:confused:
R-tec in st.albans let you offer the alloys up to your car/van and other wheel outlets will let you if you ask them nicely :) I:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Im with the 22"s are too big camp and like the second pic myself....

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
For what it's worth, I liked the 2nd pic,
they look soooooooooooooooooo much better & bigger than the dished ones. Is it just me or do others agree that alloys with however many spokes, should have them so they go right to the edge & not curve in or be dished? :confused:

It makes them look smaller IMHO, but each to there own..... i'm driving around all standard at the mo, so who am i to judge.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For what it's worth, I liked the 2nd pic,
they look soooooooooooooooooo much better & bigger than the dished ones. Is it just me or do others agree that alloys with however many spokes, should have them so they go right to the edge & not curve in or be dished? :confused:

It makes them look smaller IMHO, but each to there own..... i'm driving around all standard at the mo, so who am i to judge.
Yeah wheels definetley look bigger with spokes that go to the end of the rim. People who saw the dished rims thought they were 18s.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I've narrowed our search down to about 6 sets now LOL I:
All of which are going to have to be 18's though. for cost reasons & also ride comfort.

Just got to decide on which sort and whether to get cheaper alloys and better standard of tyre or dearer alloys and cheaper budget tyres?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Well what a bonus 2 days before xmas and got a wedge of cash geezer drove 3 hrs to pay and pick up my alloys. Now the hunt begins. Goodbye 22's hello 20's. Any ideas peeps will be on the phone to Alex at Merseyspeed in the morning unless they have closed for the hols.*<:)>

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought the RS4's looked really nice, now there on I'm not so sure. The X5 crab claws look good too. The DTM's like on ikustoms van look good too. The choice is yours. Raptors look nice also.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts