VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

My 2001 Syncro LWB has started to produce a whining/grinding noise when driving. I cannot pinpoint the noise but mine doesn't have the knob in the cab for a diff lock so not sure if it is the diff that is causing the noise.

If it were the diff is there anybody who can recondition/rebuild a diff for me on here?

·
Registered
835 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to get the diff oil level checked and/or changed before you do any more miles just to be sure.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wouldn't hurt to get the diff oil level checked and/or changed before you do any more miles just to be sure.
@T4Syncro Yup. The mechanic checked the oil level and it is grand. There's also correct grease in there he says. Any where I could send the diff to to get it reconditioned?

·
Registered
835 Posts
At least it has oil in it. Have you done a search on here, pretty sure I've read something about someone having a go themselves. Might be useful.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least it has oil in it. Have you done a search on here, pretty sure I've read something about someone having a go themselves. Might be useful.
I have searched high and low. It seems to be about knowing the right people who know people who can recondition differentials. But I don't know anybody who does this type of work.

Any help would be very much appreciated cos it would be too costly to get a new one from Volkswagen.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could this be the Viscous Coupling making a noise like this? Kindof a rumbling noise now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts