VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havin sold our old 1.9 the hunt was on for a new van...
wish list..
lwb
barn doors..( they dont fall on you head)
white

after a few horror viewings of ugly T4's and T5's I found this on fleabay...

Its a 03 plated 88 break model, added bonus of alloys and very tidy..

It's got the strangest of beds fitted..big boards at the back well high so the last owner could fit all his surf stuff under neath..

Been great so far..nina has had fun trying to get up into bed as its like sleeping on the top bunk!!

Been to ikea and got lots of stuff for the new interior and been wickes today and got lots more..

Just started ripping the interior out so watch the thread develop..T:T:

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right all, been a while since since i said whats been going on with the new bus..

Bought some LED crystal clears for the rear.
Been lowered -60 mm springs from T4rus..looks the dogs now..

Got rid of the bunk bed system and took all the old ply lining off and the rock wool insulation out... replaced with better quality space blanket and renewed the worse of the ply....

Then started to construct the new interior...we decided to go for more of a Day Van style with this one...no traditional camper interior..

it runs 2 low level storage units and a single Ikea pull out bed in the middle...when pulled out it makes a well comfy and wide bed..

The Ikea bed was raised to give it some more hieght and be level with the units..

A single 600 wide kitchen unit has been fitted...a sliding draw at the bottom contains a Dometric 3 way chest fridge...99% of the time it'll be lifted out and used in the awning on gas..they will work on 12v but need to be temp first ideally....I chose this fridge a A its a hell of alot cheaper than a Weaco CR fridge and B you can get loads of beer in it to stay cool..

above the fridge compartment is a smaller area containing the cooker and plumbed water..

the little box beside it will contain the leisure battery and the 240 stuff...

I also got a sunroof fitted by South west sunroofs from tiverton...

Side bars from a forum member ..their tidy T's..

and finally have just fitted a Riemo Multi rail...

Next i got to rip it all out again and get the carpetting sorted, lay the new flooring and then start tidying up the cab area...T:T:

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seriously doubt it...

Golden Rule...

No passengers sit in the back..

Stops all the arguements. T:T:

also means dont have to haul daughters and their friends around..I:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts