VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Sportline for Team White

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After placing an order in february i finally received the van end of November, what a long frustrating wait as i sold my last T5 about 6 weeks prior to getting the new one. Any way got to say im thrilled to bits with it. Made a few mods already,

Window tints and deflectors

Front visor tint. Red stripes across grill for the GTI style and yellow laminx on the fogs.

Bit of debadging and the VW centre badge colour coded.

All insulated, soundproofed and almost fully carpeted. Bit of audio in the back, need to do the roof once ive got a 10 ft x 5 ft sheet of ply and some alcantara for it. (job for the better weather)

Had the centre console painted gloss black and added a few bits of carbon. Looking to get the comfortline door cards like mark the plumbers in the near future as they look spot on.

Bought these 4 weeks ago, genuine Carlsson 20" 2 piece wheels, wont be putting these on until March, already got adapters made to adjust PCD.
Next priority is air ride, need to save some money up first, hopefully have it done by the spring.

Will post more pics when wheels and air rides fitted.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im not sure on VW's new badge locations though I:[/QUOTE]

Does look a bit pants where the sportline badge is, didn't really want to remove that one, may need to get another sportline badge and relocate it possibly on a rear tailgate infill panel if i can get hold of one.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I origanally ordered silver but changed to white half way through the order, pleased i did although i still love reflex silver. Looking forward to the better weather so it can stay clean for at least 1 day

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice Van indeed. Some real nice mods-hence the questions below, as now I want to copy you!!!

Is the red stripe on the grill somethng olive done?
I'm liking the fit out in the back-anthracite MVM? Like the larger boxing in of the wheel arch, Did you put a hinged lid on this? Something I was wondering.
What speakers are in the rear, and how did you choose them? I've got the kenwood HU, and haven't put speakers in a car for 20+ years. Do you need an amp, or is it just wires out of the back of the HU. I think I can out what look like amps behind the driver B pillar-if so, what do you need to drive the speakers? Is this all off a factor fit leisure battery?

Cheers
UTM

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice Van indeed. Some real nice mods-hence the questions below, as now I want to copy you!!!

Is the red stripe on the grill somethng olive done?
I'm liking the fit out in the back-anthracite MVM? Like the larger boxing in of the wheel arch, Did you put a hinged lid on this? Something I was wondering.
What speakers are in the rear, and how did you choose them? I've got the kenwood HU, and haven't put speakers in a car for 20+ years. Do you need an amp, or is it just wires out of the back of the HU. I think I can out what look like amps behind the driver B pillar-if so, what do you need to drive the speakers? Is this all off a factor fit leisure battery?

Cheers
UTM
The red stripe is just some pin striping tape, was going to get them painted but dont think they need it. Ive made a larger arch box to house a subwoofer in when i get round to it, need to make a box for the otherside still.
I've used Vibe black air audio speakers and amplifiers (i think these are middle of the range) installed 6 x 9s in the rear run off 1 amp and component speakers in the front run off the second amp behind the B-pillar. Quite impressed wih the sound.
Ive run the amps off the main battery using a 4 gauge cable.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No way you can keep them roof bars, with them phat wheelsT:
Will be watching this:cool:
Stoo, i,m a plumber so i need the bars on, i carbon wrapped the roof bars last week and just put them back on. Ive also got pipe tube carriers which im having painted candy white, got to try and make the best of them really.

·
Previously; Stoo
3,271 Posts
Stoo, i,m a plumber so i need the bars on, i carbon wrapped the roof bars last week and just put them back on. Ive also got pipe tube carriers which im having painted candy white, got to try and make the best of them really.
I hear ya. Although, i think the OEM bars would look betterT:
Really liked your last van. will look forward to thisT:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Looks great. I think the white sportline looks great especially the black roof too!

Your customers will think you earn/charge too much bud when you roll up in that!LOL:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Van looks well nice,seen you about couple of times,agree with you about the work van,tidy van,tidy job T:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Ive always had positive comments from customers about my last T5, presentation goes a long way, think it give a more professional approach.
Please don't take offence bud none intended . I work for myself so know what you mean. Cheers

·
Registered
324 Posts
Lovely van mate.

I know what you mean about the professional approach. I'm a chippy and you see some guys rocking up to a job in a battered van that looks like they don't care at all. Makes you wonder what their work will look like.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts