VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My good lady parked her 6 month old pride & joy X1 up at the Birmingham NEC, and came back to find a nice white T5 parked remarkably close to her! She panicked, and looked for damage, and sure enough, she now has her first scratch and dent... Thanks for the christening Pal! :ILU:

In 25 years of driving, I have never dinged someone else's car! If the space isn't big enough, go find a bigger one, or buy a car you can fit in the space!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Re: VA56 KVB, White T5, Birmingham NEC, thanks for the damage!

Id have left him a note, printed on his door, with the bottom of my boots !

I hate that

even if he had said Im sorry for the ding

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

Did the van have paint chipped off the corner of the door as that does not look like white paint on the X1 and might even of hit the mirror firstI: It could of been someone else that then park elsewhere because you see it happen so often when sat in car parks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The ding is about 6 inches further forward than the mirror base, and corresponds exactly with where the door would swing and impact. Sadly, my good lady checked it all, and took the view from inside the car so I could see where the van was positioned in relation to the car. But, she called me, after she had already gotten onto the M42. Sadly, she should have left a note on his screen saying she would inform the police is she didn't hear from him. Chances are, the police wouldn't do anything anyway. I am fuming though, as it can't be polished out, as the scratch is too deep, and it's dented. If it were me, I would have waited all night until the owner had returned!!!

Thanks for the positive replies though guys.

Mike.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

I cant see a problem he was parked within the parking space, and I hate it when people accuse when no due merit. Did you actually see the driver ding your carI: who is the hairy dude in the mirror

·
Registered
453 Posts

In all fairness if i was parked in a bay and a car door was opened against my van, and marked it, and was sure it was the same vehicle then i would pull out of the bay and walk up to the vehicle and kick it like a mule. Plumb centre in the door!!LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
689 Posts

The ding is about 6 inches further forward than the mirror base, and corresponds exactly with where the door would swing and impact.

it looks like black paint on it? the van looks all white to me :*

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The hairy Dude, is my Mother-in-Law!!! PMSL. She's tiny, and not hairy like she looks in the pic... great spot! ;)

When my good lady saw the mark, she thought it would polish out. The reason it is black, is because I rubbed the dirt off with stockinette (not the Wife's) this morning, which rubbed dirt into the scratch.

I am guessing, that van owner, opened the door, until it touched, and figured it wasn't hard enough to cause damage. When my other half came back in the car, I had to look for the mark. But, on closer inspection, it is scratched deep, and dented!

The cars that went in that car park, stayed in there. The car parks at the NEC fill, and are closed off. My Wife said that after locking her car in the morning, and as she was walking out, the car park was then closed off. If I figured a space was that tight, I would have gone into it the opposite way around, so that the vehicles were passengers door to passengers door, rendering a lot more space to get out! (after getting your passengers out).

·
Registered
768 Posts

Sorry to hear that mate, makes me so mad. I'm still looking for that light blue T5 that chipped my van in Padstow. :*

·
Registered
768 Posts

And I guess the clue to the problem is in the rear sticker. Must of opened it onto her door and still couldn't squeeze out. I'll be looking out for this one on my travels for sure. :no

·
Registered
712 Posts

very annoying mate. in the four months i have had my pristine T4 i have discovered at least four dents where people have opened their doors onto my van!! I always look for big open spaces in carparks and if i have to park next to people I make sure they have a small car!!

its ironic that if you park in the middle of a fairly empty carpark that some complete bell *nd numpty will park right next to you with an inch gap between!!!!!!!....... sadly, its the way morons are programmed!!LOL:

·
This isn't Facebook you know
7,009 Posts

shocking that a van owner would damage their paint work on a lesser vehicle I:

Dont blow a gasket at me as im just being daft as normal.

If you have all the pictures etc why not go to your local police station and tell them what youve told us at the end of the day its criminal damage they might contact the van owner and have a word they might even get you his insurance details (Dont hold your breath though) T:

·
Registered
689 Posts

The hairy Dude, is my Mother-in-Law!!! PMSL. She's tiny, and not hairy like she looks in the pic... great spot! ;)

When my good lady saw the mark, she thought it would polish out. The reason it is black, is because I rubbed the dirt off with stockinette (not the Wife's) this morning, which rubbed dirt into the scratch.

it could just be the pic being deceiving but that looks awful black for dirt with most of it in the deepest part, and why rub it with a dirt covered sticking, it dont add up sorry..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

it could just be the pic being deceiving but that looks awful black for dirt with most of it in the deepest part, and why rub it with a dirt covered sticking, it dont add up sorry..
Mate, as I said earlier it wasn't black until I cleaned the surrounding area with stockinette to take a pic. Prior to me cleaning it, you couldn't see anything until you looked close, as it just looked white. Sorry you don't seem to believe this.

·
Registered
621 Posts

this is why in my local supermarket i take 2 spaces to park my van far away from the entrance,i know its different at nec having to pay etc,you can contact the dvla and for a small fee you can find out the owners address

·
Registered
915 Posts

Just noticed some idiot's scraped my wheel arch while it's been parked outside my house! Obviously not enough of the road to drive on :mad:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

Personally i don't think you should be putting pics up of someone's van accusing them of something you never seen happen. I'm sure a lot of us would be well p????d off by it. I know i would.

·
Registered
737 Posts

this is why in my local supermarket i take 2 spaces to park my van far away from the entrance,i know its different at nec having to pay etc,you can contact the dvla and for a small fee you can find out the owners address
Is this true? Have you done it? Very interested if it can be done.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts

Is this true? Have you done it? Very interested if it can be done.
Nope... that is not possible...

Companies pay a SHED load to the DVLA to have access to addresses of number plates for sending out tickets. But they have to prove why they need the info and sign all sorts of information disclaimers and alike.... ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts