VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting the white wall tyre look. Need to know what tyre size for 16's , 5x112. Then I can start search for the steelies and order the tyres. Cheers ppl.

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
hello mate all depends on your van drop etc..lowered,standard

i sale loads of steels from standard to wider merc steels,to genuine 16inch vw ones to banded steels...can supply any,new or used..

a good tyre size i feel on the steels is a 225 55 16 99w xl defo if they where the wider 7j x 16 et33 merc steels,which i can lay my hands on a few sets at the mo..simon.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Weve just put white white wall trims on ours and they look very good but i would be interested to know where you have found white wall tyres as when i was looking i struggled to find the size.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Always liked the look of white walls, I know a chap who had his tyres done by Mr Whitewalls, and it looked superb, that was on his Bay window. I quite fancy them on my bus, i think it would like quite decent against the dark blue.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hello mate all depends on your van drop etc..lowered,standard

i sale loads of steels from standard to wider merc steels,to genuine 16inch vw ones to banded steels...can supply any,new or used..

a good tyre size i feel on the steels is a 225 55 16 99w xl defo if they where the wider 7j x 16 et33 merc steels,which i can lay my hands on a few sets at the mo..simon.
Colse , if I where to buy tyres at 195/70R15c would you have steels to match?
If not, I'm interested in these wider Merc wheels you talk, would not having load rated wheels be a big deal ?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Weve just put white white wall trims on ours and they look very good but i would be interested to know where you have found white wall tyres as when i was looking i struggled to find the size.
Where did you buy those from Anne T:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
These are ok.. I used to run them but when or if you hit a pot hole they tend to die/crack/come off!.. Got tiered of loosing them so gave up..

Do look great though T:

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
These are ok.. I used to run them but when or if you hit a pot hole they tend to die/crack/come off!.. Got tiered of loosing them so gave up..

Do look great though T:
Thanks Anne T:

Would be no good round here an the forest of dean then :(

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Thanks Anne T:

Would be no good round here an the forest of dean then :(
Ive had no trouble with mine, ive been up the common which is full of pits loads of times and they seem fine.:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Whitewalls done by myself. loads of prep, lots of thin coats.....very very tedious.
But think it makes my bus look preety cool:ILU:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks! yeah me too, steels all the way. Dont care about pot holes, softer on the bumps, wont get nicked. wont cry if i kerbed em,,,, No brainer really. My favourite mod getting rid of my alloysA:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts