VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

581 - 600 of 662 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I can already hear you telling the wife that air suspension is now a necessity you don't really want to buy but it's going to make life easier ? (y)

·
Registered
216 Posts
:ROFLMAO: ....i like to be different.
What i was thinking is maybe running AT's on my spare set of wheels and winding the coilies up to suit that is if i'm gonna get sufficient clearance to clear the arches .
up until last night, I was set on banded steels and stance plus ultra’s, now I’ve actually bothered looking at this thread it’s thrown a spanner in the works, the swamper look is quite appealing!

drew, coilovers and A/T’s is a good shout by my books ?

never seen a t5 swamper in the flesh, options are open and eyes are now very peeled!

winter swamper, summer banded sounds good to me.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi,

Looks great! Just a quick question, I noticed that you fitted spacers, was this for aesthetic reasons, or to stop clearance issues?

I have BF Goodrich All Terrain K02 tyres in 235 70 16 size on stock satin matt black steelies, and no rubbing?

Alistair

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
love that, is it on stock suspension?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just added my BF Goodrich KO2s today, 215 65 16 on gloss black T5 rims, just need to sort centre caps out now. 25mm spacers on the rear and 15mm on the fronts. Tiny increase in road noise as expected as it's a beast of a tyre, but steering much improved over the bigger wider wheels, much lighter. impressed.

very nice, any side on pics? what suspension is it on, looks lowered.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi, yes stock suspension, but loaded up, weight is around 2750 kgs...

Alistair

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
spot on, tyres look very purposeful, think caravelle’s are around the 2500kg mark, so would need dropping anyway for that look, food for thought ?

You hit that nail squarely on the bonce there Bill (y)
Maybe we don't wish to identify as a lowdowner or a high up :unsure::LOL:
yeah definitely, who’s being the guinea pig, you or me ?

am I right in thinking you have more than one t5?

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
yeah definitely, who’s being the guinea pig, you or me ?

am I right in thinking you have more than one t5?
No Bill just the one t5 but 2 sets of wheels ?
My only fear is that the b14's won't go high enough to clear the AT's on 17" rims :unsure:
Need to look again at tyres ..

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mmmm, is it a grey one? Maybe i read somewhere you have had 5 sets of wheels previously? Any links?

What wheels have you got now?

Always presumed coilovers went from stock height down, guess this is not the case?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
Mmmm, is it a grey one? Maybe i read somewhere you have had 5 sets of wheels previously? Any links?

What wheels have you got now?

Always presumed coilovers went from stock height down, guess this is not the case?
20190401_140834.jpg
Here is Bill, got these wheels and a set of 17" GP steels at the mo .
The specs on the b14's reads -40 to -70
Theyre at there lowest now but at their highest i might still be pushing my luck with AT's do you think? :unsure:
Would look pretty mean it works IF it works .

·
Registered
216 Posts
View attachment 175959 Here is Bill, got these wheels and a set of 17" GP steels at the mo .
The specs on the b14's reads -40 to -70
Theyre at there lowest now but at their highest i might still be pushing my luck with AT's do you think? :unsure:
Would look pretty mean it works IF it works .
yep seen it before, looks well mate, lovely colour, so is -40 as in 40mm higher than standard?

think you’ve more chance of platting p#ss than getting AT’s on it like that ?

any idea if 16” steelies fit on a caravelle? Not sure if there any different to any t5 in the brakes department.

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
:LOL:
I asume it means 40mm lower than standard at the highest.
What bhp is yours and what weight t30, t32 ??
Binned my 16's else you could have tried one :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
What size you on now mate ? Are they 18's ?? Also out of interest what size is your spare (if you have one)

The 16's went in the scrap pile down the garage, the pikeys will have long beat you to it :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just been under the bus, tyre size is 235/55/17 all round including the spare, looks like there’s about an inch of clearance between the caliper and wheel.

581 - 600 of 662 Posts