VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

601 - 620 of 662 Posts

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
I won my last set of 16's for £1 including tyres ,wheels were mint (condition ....not a shade of green) and tyres were 4mm plus . Plenty on ebay for peanuts if thats what you choose Bill .
I picked the wheels up from evesham and dropped the good people a case of beer to say thanks .

·
Registered
216 Posts
I won my last set of 16's for £1 including tyres ,wheels were mint (condition ....not a shade of green) and tyres were 4mm plus . Plenty on ebay for peanuts if thats what you choose Bill .
I picked the wheels up from evesham and dropped the good people a case of beer to say thanks .
a quid haha! Excellent, in that case I’ll get looking now, had a quick look earlier on, found a few sets between £60-£80 near to me, in silver, a mate of mine owns a wheel refurb place, so should be able to get them powder coated reasonably cheap.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Alistair is on stock suspension bud and he runs a bigger tyre than i do
Dont think you would get mine let alone Alistairs tyres on with -50mm

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Thanks Stuart, does sound like it'll be too snug, would look great, just wouldn't be able to turn , maybe I should move to the US as they don't have corners ?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
View attachment 175918
Thanks. Yes they do work well with the AT's. Haven't felt the need to be out polishing the van and cleaning the wheels every 5 mins since I converted from low to high. Loving the swamper.
so are these on standard ride height or is this lifted ? Anyone running this set up on standard ride height if so any pics?

just bought this shuttle and it’s running 22’s but they arnt practical, it has standard ride height but as you can see with the 22’s still plenty of height so these would / should work well

·
Registered
216 Posts
Im thinking, stance plus ultra lows, which start at a 30mm drop, same tyre/wheel combo as Alistar, 215/65/16 or a touch wider if thats an option, and go from there with the ride height.

And some bandeds and drop it for summer!

If thats possible, thats what id like to do anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Looks good Wasson (y)
Get rid of the chrome and it'll look even better imo ?
ive removed half the chrome, it had the full a-bar plus chrome roof bars and every chrome add on Vanstyle did at the time. Getting the chrome covers off the door handles is not easy, because they are basically solid with 3m tape underneath. Anyone got any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Nice looking bus Wasson (y)
Hair dryer or hot water to soften the tape, then nylon fishing wire to slice through. Bug and tar remover and plenty of elbow grease to get the residue off.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
Soooo technical question - does an AT tyre need more clearance than an equivalent 'normal' tyre of the same size?....i'd instantly think yes. ...but
If a 245/65/17 has a rolling radius of X amount then surely the tread is calculated into that measurement is it not ?? :unsure:

601 - 620 of 662 Posts