VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know of any one or anywhere to recon and fit my gear box.
iv no 1st or 2nd it wines and jumps out of 5th . This is the start of my project to restore the van to factory standard . It’s a r reg 1.9td Cheers

·
Registered
373 Posts
You've probably got badly worn gears with those symptoms . I'd go for an exchange unit or a known good one to recondition. Even better if you have the equipment to recondition yourself with you being a Yorkshire man & all. :love:
It's not as difficult as people think & at least you know it's right when it's done. If you check You-tube for an 02a or o2b rebuild you'll see how easy it is. You can pick up the full bearing kit for just over a ton normally OEM too.

·
Registered
435 Posts
‘Easy gears‘ in Stockton can do a rebuild on your box. Couldn’t tell you a price as it depends what’s broke when they open it up but may be worth a call. To help you decide 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drove it back to Bradford from south end on sea with my knee jammed against gear stick to stop it jumping out ha .Thanks for the advice Bingley lion I’m guessing your not that far from me I’m in Sunny Queensbury

·
Registered
373 Posts
I drove it back to Bradford from south end on sea with my knee jammed against gear stick to stop it jumping out ha .Thanks for the advice Bingley lion I’m guessing your not that far from me I’m in Sunny Queensbury
Yep in Bingley but hoping to emigrate to North Yorkshire as soon as I can afford to. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sunny?? It's still got snow up there in the summer haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts