VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening! Just got back from the my first van based trip. We spent a month climbing around the UK, and the van did well, very well!

I think that a sliding privacy (dark) window behind the passenger's seat (so on the sliding door) would be a good move, so can anyone recommend someone (ideally based in Northern England/Scotland) who do this?

I know that Vansport do this, but it's far too far south for me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I definately recommend Van Bodies (Lancs) Ltd. Just did an excellent job on my LWB T4, also fitted a leisure battery and sound proofed behind ply panels. Very professional and a pleasure to do business with. www.vandezine.com and www.vanbodieslancs.co.uk
Thanks, looking at their website, there's a couple of bits n bobs I need doing, alongside the window, so I may well get in touch with them.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Not sure how the privacy windows are done in the T5; but most window tinting firms simply add a stick on tint to the inside of the window.

If that's what you're after, they're really easy to fit yourself, especially on flat windows (it gets more complicated and fiddly when there are compound curves, but still not impossible)

You can generally pick the film up for about £10-£20 on a roll which will be enough to do at least two large windows...

·
Registered
127 Posts
not as easy as ya think , im use to applying vinyl as im a sign maker , done a few vehicles (all my own) , did my T5 last week with a quality film , still got a few bubbles etc showing , not too bad but i know they are there and not the worst you will see . The glass was out of the van (fitted this this weekend) doing it this way is easier , due to the T5 glass profile its not really just a matter of putting on the glass , you have to place it on the outside of the glass and shrink to get the curve shape , then you can remove the backing film and apply the tint to the inside surface , using lots of liquid and applying heat as you remove bubbles etc T:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have had loads of quotes for van windows, I am looking for two fixed side windows, passenger and drivers plus a tailgate window T5, all in oem green, but I dont think the tinting is that much more,
lakelandwindscreens quoted £430 fitted drive in and out, everywhere else was over £700 I'll be going to Kendall fairly soon I just cant see anywhere else doing any better, and from what I've heard they do a good job and quick.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yeah top blokes at Lakeland, they did both my windscreens, one of them has a T4 in the workshop too which he is doing upT:

·
Registered
146 Posts
ultimate transporters in birmingham will supply and fit limo tint side windows for £290
mac who runs it is a top bloke and can do any services you require.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There's been a lot of talk about putting windows in your van regards to the doo's and dont's. I put mine in myself - tough job - after reading a lot of threads on here.. From what i gathered and also what i did myself bonding the outer and inner planels togther is a must. Some say for strength but besides that if there not bonded you might have a new rattel after your windows are in as the panels rub together.
dont want to put a spanner in the work but may be something you might want to ask when calling around for prices.

Good Luck wit it all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts