VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got mine couple of days ago and got some mastic with it. Has anyone used it? Or have they gone for something different?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I don't have one, but interested to see what it looks like,Have you got a photo or a link for it?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Shaun, so you didn't use the mastic that came with the spoiler? Wondering what it's like and if it will be good enough to use.

You would think so seen as it came with it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it the one manufactured by CSR and advertised on ebay? I'm looking at one of these my self. I fancied the sportline one but can't be bothered with parking sensor and foglight hassles on my caravelle.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
You would but I just used what I know works best, don't want it to be coming off after all your hard work flatting and painting

·
Registered
718 Posts
Is it the one manufactured by CSR and advertised on ebay? I'm looking at one of these my self. I fancied the sportline one but can't be bothered with parking sensor and foglight hassles on my caravelle.
It's actually more straight forward than I thought, mount them upside down and cut some of the sensor backing away for the middle ones. I cut my holes with one of those flat drill cutters (don't know their name) and bond them on the back of the splitter. You do need to hack a big hole in the original bumper behind each sensor but hopefully I'll never need to see behind there again! I even managed to sell the old fog light shrouds on the bay.
T:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the advice, That looks great!! Have you managed to get around the pulling the chinspoiler off if you break a foglight lense problem? The Luck i have this would probably happen to me less than a week back form the paint shop! With UK roads deteriorating so fast there's more stones to be fired in to them!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Thanks, i was quite pleased with how it came out. I haven't had that problem yet... Probably will now :eek:
However, I didn't use any sikaflex anywhere, I just tweaked it until it was a perfect fit before painting then made some sturdy brackets to go underneath like the Vw ones (they are using the existing screw in the undertray so can be unscrewed) but stronger and then rivotted the middle behind the number plate and rivotted inside the wheel arches. It's solid as a rock and and a good tight fit. If it need to come off I think it's about 6-8 rivots to drill out, easy peasy T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts