VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... the T4 was a new addition to my life this year but for a fair while now, watersports have been the thing that takes up all my time!

This is "Manya Mafuta" - translation "Faster Fatty", and it's what we spend most weekends doing in the summer months... perhaps going to see if we can get a weekend of T4-ers down for a camp/bbq/ski in the summer T:

5.7L V8 - 280bhp and one BIG wake :D

Also have done the sailing, jet skiing & kayaking thing too!

Anyone else into the wetter side of life?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
987 Posts
Done a bit of wake boarding at thopepark cable tow, never behind a boat. Looks good.
Was trying to improve my board skills for the kiteboarding, loved it to bits. Not done it for a while. :(

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Here above the water 5 years to build from empty shell , been on the water 25 years .

Heres the hobby , Scuba - Wreck Diving , this is my 40th year , & dont I know it , is the gear getting heavier or am I feeling my age ??

·
Premium Member
10,572 Posts
Afternoon
That looks a cool place to, just had a look at the site, couldn't see a jetski lake there tho :(
A weekend event next summer sounds good though T:
Jimbo

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Under, on, or over, we're all watersports users, so could I direct your attention to these:-

http://www.torbay-bsac.co.uk/A-flag posters.htm

I'm sure all the boat/water users on here are extremely responsible, but there does seem to be a fair number of people who don't know what these flags and buoys mean when they see them.

And it's pretty frightening when you're down below a buoy and someone up top starts using it as a slalom marker.

We've printed a few copies off, laminated them and display them in the nearside rear windows of cars etc.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Afternoon
That looks a cool place to, just had a look at the site, couldn't see a jetski lake there tho :(
A weekend event next summer sounds good though T:
Jimbo
Yeah unfortunately they stopped Jetskiing about 2years ago - their pay-per-ride watersports lake picked up and is now running 7 days a week so there's no space for Jet Skis and the insurance is too high....

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I like a touch of the wet stuff when I can get out.....

Here is my play thing.

18' Fletcher with a 200hp V6 Yamaha, very thirstyI:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
boatless for 3 or so years now due to young family, too fat to ski now
i would go to a summer meet deffo

the was my last one

·
Registered
5,043 Posts

Not bad for a Christmas morning. Just driven 70 clicks across the desert to go water-skiing at Fisherman's beach Salalah . But as that man says "I was vewy vewy drunk" ! ! :D Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Here's ma boat:

2.5 Volvo Penta inboard, currently sat in the garden at the house on Skye where it's been since I bought her. The plan is to bring it to Porthmadog early next year and use it. The wife has a Seadoo 3 seater 0>60 in 3 secs anyone??
Well up for a meet!

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.