VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the best thermal screens???
I have a tail gate and double sliding T5 and I am looking for screens all round front windows etc.
What do you guys have any recommendations???
Cheers :ILU:

·
I have noticed I can't spell
6,177 Posts
Top link Hedgehugger!

Got my Cab front and sides from Rainbow but not got ones for the aft end of the van, I will making a purchase me thinks :D

(ps deleted the duplicate as requested)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply....so hedge hugger you recommend external for the front and side windows?
What happens if it rains etc do they not get wet and dirty ....or is it not a problem?

Cheers.

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply....so hedge hugger you recommend external for the front and side windows?
What happens if it rains etc do they not get wet and dirty ....or is it not a problem?

Cheers.
Yes, they do get wet if it rains, but I'd take that over clearing off a huge amount of condensation from the inside of the windscreen the next morning any time, as the external screens properly insulate. As such, they're usually warmer than internal screens too, which helps at the front with that large expanse of glass... and properly private, as there are no suckers to give up halfway thru the night! :eek:

Truth is both types are a compromise of sorts - just choose your compromise...;) :ILU:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Do you know how much the screens are from silver screens for vw t5? they look a good fit on there website. Do you need screens for sides and tailgate? was thinking about bilinds.

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
Give them a ring - they're more than £100 I'm sure - I picked up an as new one off ebay but I still had to pay about eighty quid for it... You can use blinds or custains on the side and rear windows, but they won't thermally insulate as well as silver screens - some people I camp with use both - screens stuck to the window, then van-x style curtains pulled over them :ILU:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Yes, they do get wet if it rains, but I'd take that over clearing off a huge amount of condensation from the inside of the windscreen the next morning any time, as the external screens properly insulate. As such, they're usually warmer than internal screens too, which helps at the front with that large expanse of glass... and properly private, as there are no suckers to give up halfway thru the night! :eek:

Truth is both types are a compromise of sorts - just choose your compromise...;) :ILU:
ditto mate, just got back from a few days in south devon and my internal (windscreen) screen was covered in condensation after the poppers gave up - the side ones stuck though, with no condensation. Good enough to keep my little one warm enough in the cab bunk up in front though. A:

Tried to fit my van-x rear curtains before the trip but they'd sent the wrong ones, so knocked up a couple of screens for the barn doors from some spare 25mm celotex, stuck some underfloor insulation on each side and sealed with aluminium tape, worked a treat, no condensation on the inside.T: Got my screens from grassroutes, think they were £42+VAT. If I had the cash, I'd go for the external ones - they're more expensive but seem better.

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
Cottage industry dude - like most of the scene... I'd rather they soent their time and money on the quality of the product than a flash website - crappy websites often mean lower mark-up on the product... ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Good service and product from Silverscreens but over £100 for mine. There are others that look similar about £75 or I think CMC do a thinner version for about £45

1 - 13 of 13 Posts